Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question

1. Shia

Question

Advertisements
    Just a question.. Kevin and I were talking about this before. Which life do I want once we are settled and living together. Do I want to be a homemaker or a working woman? I was curious to what you like the best. In all I want to know the pros and cons of both...
  2. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    I've done both, and I LOVE being a SAHM. Some women really don't do well staying home with the kids all day every day...I'm not one of those women I love it I've done the corporate 9-5 thing - made great money - and now I wouldn't trade being a SAHM for twice the paycheck I made at the office.
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  3. Senior Member
    Well, i love being a homemaker/housewife/SAHM. But, i've never had a job so..... I don't know how it is to work outside of the home.

4. LaurenBeth
    I love being home with my son and wouldn't want it any other way. With that being said, I stopped working a year ago and there are some downfalls. I miss the adult interaction. Also, there are planty of days where I am not stimulating my brain the way I did before. I miss those challenges. I miss having my own money too. Before I never needed money from my hubby. I could buy him gifts, go shopping for new shoes, whatever and I didn't have to worry about it. Now when I buy him gifts I feel like I am using his money.

All in all, for me it works to be home with my little man. Maybe when he gets old I will do some part time stuff- personal training or teach aerobics again. We'll see.
  5. Senior Member
    Im a SAHM now but I have worked since I was in HS. I just quit my job in Deceber. I nevered cared about the money. To me it was a way to pay the bills and not starve to death. Really I only miss the adult interaction I got everyday. Now its just me and the kids and what little time John gets to spend at home. I think if I didnt have kids I would definatly go to work. I think I would just be to bored at home alone all the time.
  6. Senior Member
    I'm not a mom, but I know for a fact it would kill me to be a housewife. I need the stimulation and the challenges that work provides. I am probably not going to be much of a stay-at-home mom either. But I will be figuring out a way to be able to spend more time with my children than I would if I worked all the time. A lot of my job can be done from my home provided that I have all the files I need. Barring that, I would be running a daycare. I like being able to bring in money to help with our home and having "my" own money.

7. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    Before I got married, I thought there was no way I would stay home-I was going to be a "career" woman and had my whole life planned out. After I got married while looking for a job at our new duty station, I found out I liked the satisfaction of cooking dinners and being a homemaker, and after that I couldn't stand working outside the home-even before I had my daughter. Completely shocked me.

I'd say you can't really decide until you try it. Some women I know can't stand being homemakers and have to get out and work even though they thought they'd love staying home....I think it's a very personal decision, the pros and cons different for everyone, and you need to look at your personality, interests, and needs to help you decide. But even considering all that and what everyone else tells you, you really need to try it both ways to decide if ur on the fence about the decision.
    Last edited by BlueButterfly505; 04-19-2006 at 09:11 PM.
  8. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries
    I'm a working mom. Although it's a nice paycheck, I would LOVE to be a stay at home mom. I feel like I miss out on alot with my kids because of my job. Hopefully in the next 5 years I will be able to become a stay at home mom.

My little Loves!
  9. AheeOo, Killer Tofu!
    AheeOo, Killer Tofu!
    Blog Entries
    it also involves what they were saying about "his" money/"your" money VS. "our" money.....there was another thread about this i think....some people dont like the feeling of just using "his money" while other people see it as both of yours once you're married, no matter who is making it.
    You don't choose your family...they are God's gift to you
  10. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    In my case, I don't have any kids so for me I don't see any reason to stay home now. When I first moved up here I didn't work for a couple of months and I didn't really like it much. Probably now it probably be different cause I'm starting to really love cooking and all that stuffs. I've always work and I've always work a lot but we have spoke about this and come to the desicion that once we start having kids I will stay home with them. For now I keep working hard so we can buy the house we want
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast