Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cookbook: Rachael Ray's 365: No Repeats

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Cookbook: Rachael Ray's 365: No Repeats

Advertisements
    I bought this the other day thinking it'd be awesome...While there is obviously a lot of recipes, I think their too fancy...None of her recipes are ordinary foods.

Since I ripped up the receipt, I'm stuck w/ this book....I wouldn't of bought it though if I had thoroughly looked at it.

She literally has NO simple meals in this book. I don't even know what most of the foods are in it!
  2. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries
    Do you watch her show? It's one of my favorites!
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I've watched it a few times and of course it all looks good what she's cooking!

My problem is mainly that I don't know what a lot of the foods are, ya know? It's hard to pick a meal when you don't know what half the stuff is
  4. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries
    I like her because she does make pretty easy meals. She always says that she's really teaching 'methods' not necessarily recipes and that you can always substitute what you like for things...like she did this chicken marinade and used just teryaki, veg oil and grill seasoning in a ziplock.....I may try it!
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I have one of her cookbooks..and I think the big key to using them is having ALL your stuff ready beforehand!!! I have made a few of her things and sat there thinking..ok, more than 30 minutes!!LOL..ANd I do have a few recipes that I really don't know what it is, but if you get an ingredient list together, you would be amazed at what you can find at the store...and the food is really good!! I hope you get a chance to enjoy it! If not, maybe I'll buy it from ya!!LOL
  6. Toni
    They are all easy to make. I have made several of her recipes and haven't had no problem with it. I love watching her shows to!
  7. mrs.fern
    I just bought that same book a couple weeks ago and have made two or three of the recipes. I had the same problem of not knowing what some of the things were that the recipes called for. But what I did is started slow and picked two or three of the resipes that I wanted to make, and made a list (whether I knew what it was or not.) Then when I went to the grocery store, I asked employees if they knew where to find the things I didn't know about. I'd have to say, this method has helped me to learn about foods I had no idea about. Honestly, the recipes I have tried, we haven't liked much. But hey, there's 362 more to try...so I'm hoping there's somthing good!!! Anyhow, good luck with your new book, and I hope we both end up finding meals our families enjoy!
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed

wow Rach, I'm SO super glad you said that cause I just today asked dh if I could get this cookbook-I doubt I will now even though I LOVE her tv shows.I'm sorry you were let down though.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs.fern
    I just bought that same book a couple weeks ago and have made two or three of the recipes. I had the same problem of not knowing what some of the things were that the recipes called for. But what I did is started slow and picked two or three of the resipes that I wanted to make, and made a list (whether I knew what it was or not.) Then when I went to the grocery store, I asked employees if they knew where to find the things I didn't know about. I'd have to say, this method has helped me to learn about foods I had no idea about. Honestly, the recipes I have tried, we haven't liked much. But hey, there's 362 more to try...so I'm hoping there's somthing good!!! Anyhow, good luck with your new book, and I hope we both end up finding meals our families enjoy!
    Glad it wasn't just me.... Guess I'll just have to try them and see...
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm sorry I'd buy it off ya if I lived closer. I LOVE cookbooks. I never follow recipes to a tee tho and I improvise and kinda use a recipe as a base idea and put what I want in there.

G;luck!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast