Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ideas for my salad

1. christymichelle

Hungry ideas for my salad

Advertisements
    ok, i had this on a post that was labled "i'm hungry" but wasnt seeing any responses and now i'm starting to make my salad, i'm wanting to hear suggestions....

i think i'm going to make a good salad. i went the other night and got all kinda of stuff. even some almond chips. i've never cut up oranges in my salad but i bought some and i may do it. but all i have is thousand island dressing and i dont think that would be good with oranges or even the almond chips now that i think about it. hmmmm. any suggestions? i mean when your putting almond chips and oranges, do you still put the basics like tomato, cucumbers, onions, carrots...?
  2. Senior Member
    I put everything I possibly can into my salad....I have one every day for lunch...the more good stuff in it the better. But I don't do oranges...never thought of it. I just got some chow mein noodles today and I am going to throw them in. I like crunchy things like croutons, bacon bits, etc. And lots of cheese :eat
    Chrissy

3. christymichelle
    yea, that sounds like my usual. i dont think i'll do the oranges the more i think about it. i've had the mandaran orange salad from wendys. but like as far as the almond chips, i just didnt know what kind of salad dressing since all i have here is thousand island. the store is like 2 skips away thats why i was asking for suggestions. basically on the dressing, what do you think?
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by dollface; 04-17-2006 at 01:56 AM.
  5. Senior Member
    I always get the Good Seasons italian in the packet and add the oil and vinegar to it myself. That is my favorite. I put almonds in my salad all the time so they are great with the italian and I also use blue cheese dressing from time to time and the almonds are great with that too!
    Chrissy

6. christymichelle
    thanks ..Greeeeaaat, my cat just coughed up a fur ball, now i dont wanna salad
  7. Senior Member
    Ewwww...cat puke! I was thinking that I wanted a salad now too....but that ruined the idea!

Ask Me About IH!
  8. christymichelle
    lol. sorry.
  9. RockstarMom
    I don't like fruit in my salad normally, but I had this AWESOME salad once! It had granny smith apples, vinagerette, smoked gouda and walnuts!!!
    Great, now I want one
  10. Senior Member
    Don't forget to add hard boiled eggs chopped up!! I can't eat a salad without em!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast