Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question on dating

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Smile Question on dating

Advertisements
    I went in Tinder and found this really nice guy who is on his retirement process for the next two years. It has been 6 months since we have been chatting regular practically everyday. I still have a lot of un answered questions. He wanted me to sign up for MMDA so I can be technically his spouse? I'm new to the terminology. I did then he asked his administration for a transfer to my hometown which also has a base. It has been denied because he needed to be available for possible deployment. My question is would the admin be right in doing this? What are the other options for us to be together?we have only one means of communication on ' hang out' Are there no video chats? Or phone calls? Please advise.
  2. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    I take it you haven't met this guy in person?

Why can he not email, call, text or skype you?

Has he ever emailed you from his .mil email address? There are a lot of red flags in this post, you can't be his spouse unless you're legally married to him.

Has he asked you for money or your bank account/personal information?

3. Senior Member
    Wat? Where is he now? I can't imagine why he'd be able to use tinder but not video chat lol. This is a scam.
  4. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel42362 View Post
    I went in Tinder and found this really nice guy who is on his retirement process for the next two years. It has been 6 months since we have been chatting regular practically everyday. I still have a lot of un answered questions. He wanted me to sign up for MMDA so I can be technically his spouse? I'm new to the terminology. I did then he asked his administration for a transfer to my hometown which also has a base. It has been denied because he needed to be available for possible deployment. My question is would the admin be right in doing this? What are the other options for us to be together?we have only one means of communication on ' hang out' Are there no video chats? Or phone calls? Please advise.
    Sounds fake. Sorry.
  5. Senior Member
    IF this isn't a scam, which it sounds like it is.
    (If he can do google hang outs, he can video chat)
    Dh questions where he is stationed and seconds that with "yea that's a scam."

So IF it wasn't a scam (which it is, it's beginning to be the new Nigeran Prince)
    If they want him deployable yea.... they can and will.

Dh isn't even familiar with MMDA? What information did you give for that? I really hope this guy (assuming it's a guy) doesn't have your SSN or bank account info.
  6. Senior Member
    The advice has been given out a lot lately it seems, but do a reverse google search on images he sends you. I mean, I'm pretty hard headed, so a forum of strangers telling me this is a scam (which it is) wouldn't convince me, so do it yourself, I promise you any picture of him in uniform belongs to someone else.
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    He never asked me for SSN or account number. We can email each other but he says he does not have a camera or audio on his device. He says he needs permission from his general. He is going through briefing in Phoenix AZ. So how do I google his pictures he sent me? Can anyone give me some pointers?
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel42362 View Post
    He never asked me for SSN or account number. We can email each other but he says he does not have a camera or audio on his device. He says he needs permission from his general. He is going through briefing in Phoenix AZ. So how do I google his pictures he sent me? Can anyone give me some pointers?
    https://support.google.com/websearch.../1325808?hl=en

Yea, that is a lie. One that has been told by scammers before. He does not need permission from his general to video chat.

Edit:
    What kind of day and age do we live in that someone CANNOT get a hold of something to video chat?
    He could borrow a laptop for five minutes. Or a phone, for long enough to show you that he is real.
    I know it's hard to come to the realization that someone who you have trusted has lied.
    But who would go through the trouble of getting legally wed but not the trouble of using a camera phone?
    Last edited by Medic2Doula; 06-01-2017 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Adding
  9. Senior Member
    So the reverse image, let me add, a girl was on here before and said the scammer was at least smart enough to use the guy's same last name, so keep that in mind.

Another way to spot a scammer is have him email you from a .mil email address.

Have him take a picture (he could have someone with a camera phone take one and send it) holding up a note with your name and the date.
  10. Regular Member
    I am hoping this would somehow be real for you, but I really think this is a scam
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast