Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question on dating

1. Regular Member
    Advertisements
    It has been said every which why we can on here, this is a scam. It happens everyday. I cant count how many calls and reports I took on these kinds of scams when I worked as a patrol deputy because the women sent money, lots of money and thought we could get it back. Oh, and 6 months is nothing, I had girl once who was strung along for just over 18 months. Most of the time the actual person communicating is in Nigeria, Somalia, Syria, etc. It isn't even one person, sometimes it is a team who work in shifts that way someone is always online communicating with the 100+ women they are trying to scam. It is their full time job. There are computer programs they can use that mask their IP addresses and feeds them information instantly about current events and statistics for your area and the area they pretend to be in (like Arizona) so can convince you they are legit, it is called grooming.

They actually just busted another one of the groups who calls around pretending to be the IRS demanding you pay your taxes (that you don't owe) or they will have you arrested. The latest group was caught in India.

"Well behaved women rarely make history"
  2. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBitterSpouse View Post
    It has been said every which why we can on here, this is a scam. It happens everyday. I cant count how many calls and reports I took on these kinds of scams when I worked as a patrol deputy because the women sent money, lots of money and thought we could get it back. Oh, and 6 months is nothing, I had girl once who was strung along for just over 18 months. Most of the time the actual person communicating is in Nigeria, Somalia, Syria, etc. It isn't even one person, sometimes it is a team who work in shifts that way someone is always online communicating with the 100+ women they are trying to scam. It is their full time job. There are computer programs they can use that mask their IP addresses and feeds them information instantly about current events and statistics for your area and the area they pretend to be in (like Arizona) so can convince you they are legit, it is called grooming.

They actually just busted another one of the groups who calls around pretending to be the IRS demanding you pay your taxes (that you don't owe) or they will have you arrested. The latest group was caught in India.
    I think this as clear as anybody can make it. I hope OP is able to understand & get herself out of that situation!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123