Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question on dating

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    An MMDA is a money market account. I'm guessing he wants you to set it up in both of your names. Then you fund it, and he takes the money and runs.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    An MMDA is a money market account. I'm guessing he wants you to set it up in both of your names. Then you fund it, and he takes the money and runs.
    There it is.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Setting up anything doesn't make you someone's spouse. The only way to do that is legally marrying someone. That should have been the first clue.

Also, he's in Arizona, he most definitely has a cell phone and it more than likely had a camera. I mean, when's the last time you walked into a cell company and saw a phone without one? But to answer your question the military isn't going to transfer anyone anywhere without reason (usually medical, sometimes hardships) or it's his actual PCS time. So yeah, admin was right on that.
  4. Senior Member
    So many red flags that I don't even want to take the time to list them all.
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Ok I really got some good advise here but I need a closure if I want to break it off. The reverse image didn't show me anything.Are there any sites where I can type his email address and his information to get his identity? Please help. Why would he talk to me for 6 months and not give up on me?I already told him I'm poor and live from paycheck to pay check?
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel42362 View Post
    Ok I really got some good advise here but I need a closure if I want to break it off. The reverse image didn't show me anything.Are there any sites where I can type his email address and his information to get his identity? Please help. Why would he talk to me for 6 months and not give up on me?I already told him I'm poor and live from paycheck to pay check?
    Did he give you a .mil email address?
  7. Senior Member
    Because scammers don't care if they take your rent money when they make their move. It could involve him mentioning he is moving money and eventually he will take you for everything and you will find yourself without rent/groceries.

Here's a closer:
    "Skype me in the next hour, send me an email from your military email address, or never talk to me again."
  8. Senior Member
    There's no way that he's been in Arizona this whole time and not ONCE been able to Skype or video chat in any way with you. No way. He doesn't need permission. The only time he couldn't would be if he was at basic and that's not 6 months and he couldn't be on tinder and google hangouts. If he can access all that, he can Skype, trust me.

Ask him for proof. He can't skype? Have him send you a pic of him holding up a piece of paper with your name. Easy peasy. He's sent you pics before so you know he can. If you don't wanna call him out, do it first and then be like "okay, you're next" in playful way.
  9. Senior Member
    Um, you can't just sign up for an account and tehcnically become a spouse. The way you become a spouse is to get married.

This. Is. A. Scam. H's either setting you up to try to get money out of you later, or he's catfishing. But based on the fact that he asked you to set up an account, I'd go with "scam".

In the end, does it matter exactly why? People do messed up things, sometimes because it is fun for them to manipulate people, sometimes for money, and sometimes for both. You'll almost certainly never get an answer. I wouldn't even bother with a confrontation. I'd either ghost, or send a message saying, "Do not contact me again", and then block him.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Because he is doing this to 100 different girls, and he doesn't need take take a lot from any of them.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast