Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I live in a fish bowl.

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    Walk around arguing with yourself out loud. And every now and then, stop, turn and argue with the invisible person next to you. Loudly.
    People will stay away from you,
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Walk around arguing with yourself out loud. And every now and then, stop, turn and argue with the invisible person next to you. Loudly.
    LOL
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

Running around in your pink robe didn't scare anyone away?!

I somewhat know how you feel. We live in off base housing and 4 of DHs coworkers live on the same freaking street and there are like 5 others in the neighborhood. I can't even check my mail in my PJs I always feel like my house has to be super clean in case someone pops up. I hate unannounced guests too, that is such a pet peeve of mine!!! I'm a recluse so i really hate people
  4. Senior Member
    With my job and town size, I always see people I know out and about. It bothered me at first but now I just say "hi" and keep moving because my schedule and not chatting is important to me.

I like to do a nice follow up text such as "So nice to see you today, I hope you are enjoying your weekend!" (or whatever is appropriate there) It adds friendliness without having to do terrible small talk.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by jellybeanerr View Post

I somewhat know how you feel. We live in off base housing and 4 of DHs coworkers live on the same freaking street and there are like 5 others in the neighborhood. I can't even check my mail in my PJs I always feel like my house has to be super clean in case someone pops up. I hate unannounced guests too, that is such a pet peeve of mine!!! I'm a recluse so i really hate people
    I hide when my doorbell rings I HATE unannounced visitors so I will def stand in a corner where no one can see me until they give up haha ( I might be a bitch idk)
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    I hide when my doorbell rings I HATE unannounced visitors so I will def stand in a corner where no one can see me until they give up haha ( I might be a bitch idk)
    Lmaoooo I do this too!! Once it was my uncle and then he texted me like "I know you're in there because your car is in the driveway. Come open the door."
  7. Senior Member
    I have lived on some big and small bases and almost never saw people I knew when I would go shopping. If the base is bigger it won't happen as often as you are thinking based on your first experience. I totally understand how you feel. I am not antisocial but when I am shopping I just want to shop and get outta there I do not want to see people I know.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Lol good plan

Quote Originally Posted by jellybeanerr View Post

Surprisingly not people actually added me on Facebook after the fact. I think I'm a novelty

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    i do the exact same thing! When the bell ring or someone knocks (that I'm not expecting) I immediately freeze and try to hide!
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    I took the dogs to the dog park while we were living in the hotel, but that was still on post, not very adventurous I am going off post today to Publix, which is some kind of grocery store that everyone keeps talking about so I'm gonna see what the fuss is about. I never really sat around much in Germany, but it seemed like endless possibilities there. (well, and we lived off post. government housing, but still off post) Whether right or wrong, I feel like what the heck is there to do in the middle of Georgia/Alabama.

We've been here two weeks today, and we get our stuff tomorrow so once we're settled I can explore some more.
    Publix is thebomb.com. Seriously. Publix subs are hands down, the best subs ever. Do yourself a favor and get a chicken finger sub (just trust me--I always get a footlong and save half for the next day--chicken fingers, honey mustard, provolone cheese, lettuce, and salt and pepper on the best darn bread you've ever had). So delicious.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast