Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: And we're moving....

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

And we're moving....

Advertisements
    In August!!!! My landlord decided to sell the house we were renting instead of resigning our lease so now we're moving into an apt on the 15th of August I was already stressed out recently this is really the last thing I need but I'm glad we found a place the same day our landlord told us and won't be in a hotel or anything thank god.
  2. Senior Member
    I'm glad it all worked out in the end! But that is a bummer
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by caljmw649 View Post
    I'm glad it all worked out in the end! But that is a bummer
    Im really fighting being mad. In March he said yea no problem we'll renew your lease and then gave me exactly the amount of legal notice he had to give me per the lease
  4. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    That blows! Some people aren't good with conflict, either way the landlord took the cowards way out.
    But hey, yay for having a clean place to go!?!

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    Im really fighting being mad. In March he said yea no problem we'll renew your lease and then gave me exactly the amount of legal notice he had to give me per the lease
    Ugh, what a jerk! That's really rude to do that. He should have told you his intentions even if he wasn't sure what way he would go, especially after having decided that he would renew your lease.
  6. Senior Member
    What a shitty move. It would have been one thing if he never said anything.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    That blows! Some people aren't good with conflict, either way the landlord took the cowards way out.
    But hey, yay for having a clean place to go!?!
    yea i think part of the problem was i was too honest about DBs upcoming transfer and that basically in 8 months we would be leaving...but yep its a nice apt with a dog park, gym etc I'm so glad we got it so fast (there were 4 available Friday and by Saturday they were all gone). I think I'm going to end up having to pay to break the lease though because their military clause is strict (like it said even spouses have to go to court to prove material difficulties of not being able to break it). Or if he deploys automatically at the new duty station I'll just stay here and finish up the lease before moving.

Quote Originally Posted by caljmw649 View Post
    Ugh, what a jerk! That's really rude to do that. He should have told you his intentions even if he wasn't sure what way he would go, especially after having decided that he would renew your lease.
    yea now I'm realizing he defiantly isn't as nice as I thought he was. I've had to shove the lease in his face three times in the last couple of days because he's telling me I'm obligated to do things I'm not and that I owe him the last months rent even though I payed that at move in.

Quote Originally Posted by Curious_Nicole View Post
    What a shitty move. It would have been one thing if he never said anything.
    yea exactly. Him saying that made me continue to get comfy here and make it more homey. We've done a lot of stuff to this house in the past few months and now we're tearing it all down and moving.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    yea i think part of the problem was i was too honest about DBs upcoming transfer and that basically in 8 months we would be leaving...but yep its a nice apt with a dog park, gym etc I'm so glad we got it so fast (there were 4 available Friday and by Saturday they were all gone). I think I'm going to end up having to pay to break the lease though because their military clause is strict (like it said even spouses have to go to court to prove material difficulties of not being able to break it). Or if he deploys automatically at the new duty station I'll just stay here and finish up the lease before moving.

yea now I'm realizing he defiantly isn't as nice as I thought he was. I've had to shove the lease in his face three times in the last couple of days because he's telling me I'm obligated to do things I'm not and that I owe him the last months rent even though I payed that at move in.

yea exactly. Him saying that made me continue to get comfy here and make it more homey. We've done a lot of stuff to this house in the past few months and now we're tearing it all down and moving.
    Regardless of whether or not you were too honest, he shouldn't have done what he did. You or your DB can't control when he gets transferred. But jerks like him will try to weasel things out of you thinking you don't know any better and will just comply with what he says. So you stand your ground!
  9. Banned
    Banned

Suspicious

Yeah, bad business sucks. You shouldn't have to tolerate the landlords foul practices. Maybe the new house warming will make the difference, we'll eventually after you either negotiate or just break the lease, which honestly you shouldn't have to worry about.