Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: First Duty Station...Fort Bragg!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

First Duty Station...Fort Bragg!

Advertisements
    Hey everyone! DH says we are headed to Fort Bragg NC! I am nervous...I have not heard good things Its just He and I and our Dog. We dont want an apartment, we're looking for a small home to rent, because we may or may not be having a baby coming in the next year or so! Any neighborhood suggestions that aren't seriously pricey? Or general areas? I need all the help I can get! lol Or is on post housing better? Thank you all!
  2. Senior Member
    We are currently at Bragg. We currently live on post, but have been looking at homes off post for awhile but haven't moved. I LOVE the Southern Pines area, but it is a bit of a drive and can be on the higher end of price. The Raeford area is pretty nice, and you can get good sized beautiful homes for a decent price. It is also close to post, but outside of the immediate Fayetteville area. Most of those houses comed fenced.

We enjoy living on post. It is super close to where DH works, the neighborhoods are nice, everything is so convenient. I love going to the pool on the weekends and the community center has a nice little gym set up for cardio. The commissary and PX are right down the road from us so that is super nice, too.
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    How long did it take to get your on post Housing? And do they have fenced in yards?
  4. Senior Member
    They had a house available already, but there are neighborhoods with a wait list. You have to rent a fence from a company and it's usually 35 a month. We were lucky, our house came with a fence. The previous people bought a fence and left it when they moved.