Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy a new couch!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Where to buy a new couch!

Advertisements
    DB and I have decided to get rid of both of our couches and buy a new one when we move since they're bother pretty worn/stained/ripped etc. Both of ours now are from Bob's and are falling apart after 2 or 3 years...I'm looking for a higher quality one that won't break the bank. Any store suggestions? I would prefer a sectional of some sort or a couch/ love seat combo so that we can sit atleast 4 people.

Thanks
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Mine is from Big Lots and I love it. It is name brand but much much cheaper. Despite 3 crazy dogs who go on it whenever they want it's doing great.

I Eelizah
  3. Senior Member
    Not sure what your budget is but if you can afford a FlexSteel you can't go wrong.
  4. Vex
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    Blog Entries

My couch was from a local vintage store, if that's your style.
  5. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    DH and I got ours at Lazyboy. It's pretty nice, I'd rate it about an 80% good, personally. DH likes it more than I do.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  6. Senior Member
    I'm a huge fan of small, local furniture stores. We just bought a leather couch/love seat from ours and they gave a nice military discount and free same day delivery. I hate Ashley Furniture, I feel their quality does not match their prices.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
    Mine is from Big Lots and I love it. It is name brand but much much cheaper. Despite 3 crazy dogs who go on it whenever they want it's doing great.
    I so just found one I love one their website haha but its not available here prob good since its too soon to buy it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Curious_Nicole View Post
    Not sure what your budget is but if you can afford a FlexSteel you can't go wrong.
    I'm trying to stay near 1,000-1200 for a couch/love seat combo. Ill check out FlexSteel I've never heard of them!

Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    DH and I got ours at Lazyboy. It's pretty nice, I'd rate it about an 80% good, personally. DH likes it more than I do.
    I just looked at their website and really like the look of their stuff but the sectionals were super expensive IMO but I might go back and look at love seat/couch combos.
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    I'm a huge fan of small, local furniture stores. We just bought a leather couch/love seat from ours and they gave a nice military discount and free same day delivery. I hate Ashley Furniture, I feel their quality does not match their prices.
    I need to find some of those it seems like around here all we have is the big chains of discount furniture or big brands. Maybe there will be more options wherever we end up moving lol
  8. Senior Member
    I'm not a fan of Ashley Furniture either.

After checking out all the surrounding furniture stores (there were a lot), we got ours at a local furniture store in NC. The sofa and love seat are made by Flexsteel and are extremely comfortable!

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    IKEA I like smaller couches and it's hard to find that at American furniture stores.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
    Big Lots has some amazing deals. I love browsing through the furniture!
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious_Nicole View Post
    Yes! Flex Steels are awesome! They're pricier, but totally worth it if you're willing to pay more. So comfortable and they last forever
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast