Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Where to buy a new couch!

  1. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    TrishAFSpouse's Avatar
    TrishAFSpouse is offline
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    12,308
    #11
    Advertisements
    If you are buying in this area.. NOT a lot of options..
    Avoid Value City..
    We had success with Haverty's..
    I heard Powell's is good, but they can be pricey.

    A friend bought a really neat vintage couch at an antique store in lucketts.

    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  2. Senior Member
    JaneSays's Avatar
    JaneSays is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,588
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I'm not a fan of Ashley Furniture either.

    After checking out all the surrounding furniture stores (there were a lot), we got ours at a local furniture store in NC. The sofa and love seat are made by Flexsteel and are extremely comfortable!
    Out of curiosity, which furniture store in NC?
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Wild*Rose's Avatar
    Wild*Rose is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,428


    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I'm not a fan of Ashley Furniture either.

    After checking out all the surrounding furniture stores (there were a lot), we got ours at a local furniture store in NC. The sofa and love seat are made by Flexsteel and are extremely comfortable!
    I liked a lot of the ones on the flexsteel website! I might have to go check them out once we move (we're trying to avoid moving more than we have to)

    Quote Originally Posted by *Emma* View Post
    IKEA I like smaller couches and it's hard to find that at American furniture stores.
    I have an ottoman from their and the couch that matches it is like the same height haha I don't think my ass would be able to get up and I'd be stuck almost on the floor haha

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    Big Lots has some amazing deals. I love browsing through the furniture!


    Yes! Flex Steels are awesome! They're pricier, but totally worth it if you're willing to pay more. So comfortable and they last forever


    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    If you are buying in this area.. NOT a lot of options..
    Avoid Value City..
    We had success with Haverty's..
    I heard Powell's is good, but they can be pricey.

    A friend bought a really neat vintage couch at an antique store in lucketts.
    I looked at Haverty's but would spend a fortune buying what I want there (I may be picky haha). Is Powells the one is Fredericksburg? I was looking online at somewhere down there yesterday
  4. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    TrishAFSpouse's Avatar
    TrishAFSpouse is offline
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    12,308
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    I looked at Haverty's but would spend a fortune buying what I want there (I may be picky haha). Is Powells the one is Fredericksburg? I was looking online at somewhere down there yesterday
    Yeah, Haverty's can be expensive.. you have to get it at the right time and on sale.. and yes, Powell's is in Fredricksburg. Really.. we are very limited in our options, unless you want to go back north to Fairfax or even further than that. Probably better off finding something online..

    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Wild*Rose's Avatar
    Wild*Rose is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,428


    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Yeah, Haverty's can be expensive.. you have to get it at the right time and on sale.. and yes, Powell's is in Fredricksburg. Really.. we are very limited in our options, unless you want to go back north to Fairfax or even further than that. Probably better off finding something online..
    yea a lot of my friends and coworkers are saying they went to Winchester or Warrenton to get the pieces of furniture that they wanted
  6. we were all rooting for you
    KittenMittens's Avatar
    KittenMittens is offline
    we were all rooting for you
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,675
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    I'm a huge fan of small, local furniture stores. We just bought a leather couch/love seat from ours and they gave a nice military discount and free same day delivery. I hate Ashley Furniture, I feel their quality does not match their prices.
    I second this! I got a really nice, large sectional with a protection plan + free delivery and a military discount from exDB for ~800 last summer, all at a local furniture shop. I went to a bunch of other places including Ashley and La Z Boy and didn't like their quality at all compared to what I got in the end.

    ETA if you're not opposed to driving/maybe renting a uhaul, High Point NC is the furniture market capital. GREAT deals and lots of stuff.
  7. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    TrishAFSpouse's Avatar
    TrishAFSpouse is offline
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    12,308
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    yea a lot of my friends and coworkers are saying they went to Winchester or Warrenton to get the pieces of furniture that they wanted
    Doesn't surprise me.
    There are lots of places out there.. if you don't mind the drive.
    Lots of antique and small mom/pop shops too.

    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •