Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to buy a new couch!

1. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Advertisements
    If you are buying in this area.. NOT a lot of options..
    Avoid Value City..
    We had success with Haverty's..
    I heard Powell's is good, but they can be pricey.

A friend bought a really neat vintage couch at an antique store in lucketts.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I'm not a fan of Ashley Furniture either.

After checking out all the surrounding furniture stores (there were a lot), we got ours at a local furniture store in NC. The sofa and love seat are made by Flexsteel and are extremely comfortable!
    Out of curiosity, which furniture store in NC?
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I'm not a fan of Ashley Furniture either.

After checking out all the surrounding furniture stores (there were a lot), we got ours at a local furniture store in NC. The sofa and love seat are made by Flexsteel and are extremely comfortable!
    I liked a lot of the ones on the flexsteel website! I might have to go check them out once we move (we're trying to avoid moving more than we have to)

Quote Originally Posted by *Emma* View Post
    IKEA I like smaller couches and it's hard to find that at American furniture stores.
    I have an ottoman from their and the couch that matches it is like the same height haha I don't think my ass would be able to get up and I'd be stuck almost on the floor haha

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    Big Lots has some amazing deals. I love browsing through the furniture!

Yes! Flex Steels are awesome! They're pricier, but totally worth it if you're willing to pay more. So comfortable and they last forever

Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    If you are buying in this area.. NOT a lot of options..
    Avoid Value City..
    We had success with Haverty's..
    I heard Powell's is good, but they can be pricey.

A friend bought a really neat vintage couch at an antique store in lucketts.
    I looked at Haverty's but would spend a fortune buying what I want there (I may be picky haha). Is Powells the one is Fredericksburg? I was looking online at somewhere down there yesterday
  4. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    I looked at Haverty's but would spend a fortune buying what I want there (I may be picky haha). Is Powells the one is Fredericksburg? I was looking online at somewhere down there yesterday
    Yeah, Haverty's can be expensive.. you have to get it at the right time and on sale.. and yes, Powell's is in Fredricksburg. Really.. we are very limited in our options, unless you want to go back north to Fairfax or even further than that. Probably better off finding something online..

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Yeah, Haverty's can be expensive.. you have to get it at the right time and on sale.. and yes, Powell's is in Fredricksburg. Really.. we are very limited in our options, unless you want to go back north to Fairfax or even further than that. Probably better off finding something online..
    yea a lot of my friends and coworkers are saying they went to Winchester or Warrenton to get the pieces of furniture that they wanted
  6. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    I'm a huge fan of small, local furniture stores. We just bought a leather couch/love seat from ours and they gave a nice military discount and free same day delivery. I hate Ashley Furniture, I feel their quality does not match their prices.
    I second this! I got a really nice, large sectional with a protection plan + free delivery and a military discount from exDB for ~800 last summer, all at a local furniture shop. I went to a bunch of other places including Ashley and La Z Boy and didn't like their quality at all compared to what I got in the end.

ETA if you're not opposed to driving/maybe renting a uhaul, High Point NC is the furniture market capital. GREAT deals and lots of stuff.
  7. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    yea a lot of my friends and coworkers are saying they went to Winchester or Warrenton to get the pieces of furniture that they wanted
    Doesn't surprise me.
    There are lots of places out there.. if you don't mind the drive.
    Lots of antique and small mom/pop shops too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12