Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: House Hunting

1. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    Remember that a house with bad paint, crappy carpet, ugly cabinets, or an ugly front door can be fixed for a little money and a house with all those upgrades already done will likely cost you twice what it would've cost you to do it on your own.

Look for big structural issues but don't let the superficial stuff hold you back from a house that you love the floor plan of!

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCupcake View Post
    I liked Redfin when I was looking.
    I will check that out!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Penni View Post
    This was my favorite too. Much more information than Zillow and Realtor.

Do you guys bank with USAA? They have a homebuyer's program that has been great. They set us up with an amazing realtor that has really gone to bat for us, though I haven't read great things about USAA as a mortgage company.
    yes DF is with USAA

Quote Originally Posted by April Lynne View Post
    Remember that a house with bad paint, crappy carpet, ugly cabinets, or an ugly front door can be fixed for a little money and a house with all those upgrades already done will likely cost you twice what it would've cost you to do it on your own.

Look for big structural issues but don't let the superficial stuff hold you back from a house that you love the floor plan of!

Thank you! I keep having to remind DF of that! Of our 2 favorite, one has plaid wallpaper in the kitchen, and the other has a bright orange dining room.
    My mom also has experience repainting cabinets and woodworking is my dad's favorite hobby so minor things like that won't be an issue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12