Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VA Loan question

1. orp
    Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    That sounds about right. When we were getting our approval they did mention that it was for an aggregate amount vs. how many homes we had bought. Our first loan was for about $100K and the one we just did was closer to $200K.

The va loan for a second house is called second tier entitlement and the amount of the loan varies according to the county that you are buying in. Well worth looking into it.
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hi Missinghim:
    Just saw your post about VA loans. My DH and I used our VA loan to purchase a home about 5 years ago in North Carolina. There is no limit as to when to use it and you can use it multiple times, as others have posted. I also have one as I was on active duty and got an honorable discharge without retiring. I used mine to help my mom get a house in Georgia and I was told I could still use it again if I decide to buy another home (which I probably won't since my DH has his), but it is good to know this information. The rates are excellent, much better than what you will get at the bank. Locations will be the determining factor, as I am sure you know. Have you had an opportunity to look up some info on VA loans? Are you guys up north or south? Good luck with everything! Look forward to hearing from you....
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Did you all find a home and how is the process going?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12