Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you rent or own?

1. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver

Do you rent or own?

Advertisements
    Do you rent your house or own it?

If you rent, why?

If you own, why? What made you decided to take on the responsibility of home ownership?

Poll!

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We purchased our home when DH got orders to this area for recruiting. The rental market SUCKED so purchasing was the best move.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    We own. This is our 2nd house. DH refuses to pay someone else's mortgage via renting unless we can absolutely help it.
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    We own our former residence in Washington. We are renting now in Maryland.
    We are renting cause we are stuck with two mortgages for homes we are trying to sell. Renting is a lot cheaper around here. I know what the landlords pay each month, and our rent is not coming close to covering their expenses. They bought at a bad time.
    I also am tired of home ownership, especially when we can not be sure we will be living here for another 10 years. The idea of home ownership as always being a good and solid investment is not the reality anymore.
    Renting also gives us the flexibility to up- or down-size. It also gives us the flexibility to look around to see if we want to buy something, and where, if we decide to homestead here.
    Also, I was tired of the stress and expenses of home ownership, and being a long distance landlord has not been great for us.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. Love never fails. ♥
    Love never fails. ♥

We are getting ready to move into a town house. We will be renting because we're not sure if we're staying in that area or not yet.

6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    We own. This is our 2nd house. DH refuses to pay someone else's mortgage via renting unless we can absolutely help it.
    I disagree with that idea. We could never buy something anywhere close to what we are renting, for what we are paying in rent.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  7. Senior Member
    Neither right now, but will be renting to own within the next year!
  8. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries
    Rent!
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    I disagree with that idea. We could never buy something anywhere close to what we are renting, for what we are paying in rent.
    We lucked out. DH's BAH covers our entire mortgage.

ETA: Me personally, I'd rather just rent. Owning a home was never a huge thing for me. I grew up in apartments or mobile homes. I just never had the desire to own. DH on the other hand, wants our kids to grow up in a home we own that is a good size. He grew up in a one room house the size of a garage. His Dad was in construction & was building their home. He built the garage first to store all of his tools. Unfortunately after the garage was built, he lost his job. So they had to live in the garage & made it their home.
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed
  10. Moderator

We're renting. We were in the process of buying and then the timing just felt wrong so we followed our guts and postponed for a few years.
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast