Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Orders to Hawaii!!! Help???!?

1. Regular Member
    Advertisements
    He's roomating with a friend right now, and i've stayed with him a couple months at a time every now and then. I guess I've really been living in two places at once for this year.

I am a little worried about going through stress with finding a place when we get there, and the fact that the only furniture he has is an air mattress. He just moved out of the Barracks In May/June. And has either been on leave or in school. So we havent had a need to buy any furniture.
  2. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCourtney View Post
    He's roomating with a friend right now, and i've stayed with him a couple months at a time every now and then. I guess I've really been living in two places at once for this year.

I am a little worried about going through stress with finding a place when we get there, and the fact that the only furniture he has is an air mattress. He just moved out of the Barracks In May/June. And has either been on leave or in school. So we havent had a need to buy any furniture.
    Ahh, air mattresses...how I love, yet hate, them

We lived in a hotel for 3 weeks, and then when we moved into our place on base, it was another 4-5 weeks before we got a bed or furniture, so we were sleeping on an air mattress for awhile, and it was comfortable for about 3 days

3. Regular Member
    Yes! I kind of like them, kind of....The waiting list for on base. Is signing up, two months before the report date bad? Or does it need to be sooner?
  4. Senior Member
    Yes! I kind of like them, kind of....The waiting list for on base. Is signing up, two months before the report date bad? Or does it need to be sooner?
    You'll want to contact the housing office to find out how soon/when you can get on the waiting list.
  5. Ready to let the dogs out?
    Ready to let the dogs out?
    Blog Entries
    Can I go to Hawaii with you? I MISS IT SO MUCH. Back to the topic, if you are looking on craigslist and other websites to find a place off post, don't waste your time. 99% of the people will NEVER email you or call you back. It made no sense, it was a very common trend there. Sign up on ahrn.com. It's a housing website made for the military. When I moved to Hawaii, 2 days after signing up on that website, I had a lease signed for our apartment. We lived in Mililani and we loved it. We also got an amazing deal on our apartment, we paid 1400 a month for our 2 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment. Sounds crazy reading that now lol.

6. Regular Member
    Oh my gosh!! Thank you! I completely forgot i made an account for ahrn. I was just beginning to think all the websites were useless anyway.
  7. Ready to let the dogs out?
    Ready to let the dogs out?
    Blog Entries
    I was just browsing on there, and there are apartment available where I lived! Hokuahi Apartments on Hokuahiahi St. One of them is 1500 bucks with wood floors. AWESOME DEAL.

8. Regular Member
    Oh wow, see thats crazy to me! I live in Texas, and you can get a pretty nice 1 bedroom apartment for half that! Or a decent 2 bedroom house for less also.
  9. You are here.
    You are here.
    Oh wow, see thats crazy to me! I live in Texas, and you can get a pretty nice 1 bedroom apartment for half that! Or a decent 2 bedroom house for less also.
    but its not Texas, its Hawaii. this place has an astronomical cost of living. At least you'll have COLA but it can fluctuate as well.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123