Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Base housing

1. You're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead
    You're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead

Base housing

Advertisements
    Dh and I just got approved for base housing and I'm really excited about it since we are moving out of our small apartment to a huge house with a fenced in yard. The only thing is I've heard a lot of bad things about living on base and it's making me kind of nervous. I was wondering what everyone on here thought about base housing. Good stories and advice would be much appreciated!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    I think it all depends on the base but I LOVE living on base & I completely love my house.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. Senior Member
    I love living in military housing (on and off base). We have lived in 4 different military housing at different stations and i have no complaints.

4. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Just make sure that you don't drop your guard in regard to your personal safety and that of your property, just because you live on base...
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by allieG View Post
    Dh and I just got approved for base housing and I'm really excited about it since we are moving out of our small apartment to a huge house with a fenced in yard. The only thing is I've heard a lot of bad things about living on base and it's making me kind of nervous. I was wondering what everyone on here thought about base housing. Good stories and advice would be much appreciated!
    Which ones are u moving too im on my way to willoughby bay
    Hated by many, but loved by thousands...which side you on?
  6. You're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead
    We are moving onto Fort Story. Dh and I both work on JEB and he sometimes works on Fort Story so it will be very convenient as well as the smallest places there are 3br 2 1/2bath so we get a large house even though it's just the two of us and our pets.

7. Regular Member
    Sounds like u lucked up...dh is on little creek right now on the way to nob....i have never seen the housing where u are moving to but i hope u love it
    Hated by many, but loved by thousands...which side you on?
    <3
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED base housing!!!!!!!!
  9. Regular Member
    I have no desire to live on base EVER. I like my privacy, I like painting, landscaping, and decorating and updating and I think it's stupid for DH to get in trouble if I don't feel like mowing the yard one week. I don't want my house size based on how many kids I (don't) have. I don't want to live around a ton of military people because I want to feel like I have my own life, that's not related to my husband's job. I cried for real when DH told me we'd have to live on base if he's ever a squadron commander.

Sorry, I just reread that you wanted GOOD stories, but that's my opinion. I guess if you have more space, that's a good thing.
  10. You're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower View Post
    I have no desire to live on base EVER. I like my privacy, I like painting, landscaping, and decorating and updating and I think it's stupid for DH to get in trouble if I don't feel like mowing the yard one week. I don't want my house size based on how many kids I (don't) have. I don't want to live around a ton of military people because I want to feel like I have my own life, that's not related to my husband's job. I cried for real when DH told me we'd have to live on base if he's ever a squadron commander.

Sorry, I just reread that you wanted GOOD stories, but that's my opinion. I guess if you have more space, that's a good thing.
    No, thank you for your opinion. I wanted to know what everyone thought. That's how it was for both of us. The reason we finally agreed is because we couldn't find a house anywhere that wasn't way out of our price range. I'm kind of nervous about all of those things you said. We are probably only going to be there for a year before we move so I'll be able to see if I like it for that year and then make up my mind when we go to our new place, but it's still a year. So if I hate it I will be stuck there for that time.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast