Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: orders to Tinker AFB!

1. dcusaf23
    dcusaf23

Hello orders to Tinker AFB!

Advertisements
    I posted in another forum, but I didn't get much feedback, so i'll try here! My name is Lindsay, i'm not new to the site, but haven't been very active (which i'm hoping to be more often) My DH and I are currently stationed at McGuire AFB in NJ and are PCSing to Tinker AFB, Oklahoma within the next few months! Is there anyone who is currently living there or who has lived there before that could give me some information on the base and/or the surrounding area? Thanks in advance!!!!
  2. Wife to Debra; Twinzie to Manderz; Text Buddy to Cara*Bear!
    Wife to Debra; Twinzie to Manderz; Text Buddy to Cara*Bear!
    DF's brother is stationed there. DF and I are meeting there on the 27th.

I don't really have any insight on it, though - other than that I've asked before on here if anyone was stationed there, and noone was.

A picture paints a thousand words, it's true.
    But it's still not enough for how I feel about you.
  3. dcusaf23
    dcusaf23
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmCee View Post
    DF's brother is stationed there. DF and I are meeting there on the 27th.

I don't really have any insight on it, though - other than that I've asked before on here if anyone was stationed there, and noone was.
    At least I know some people exist there now! lol.. I can't find anyone who is stationed there! Unfortunately we won't be heading there for at least 2 1/2 months

Aww, I bet you're excited to see him! Is this the first time you're meeting him? or just meeting up there?
  4. Wife to Debra; Twinzie to Manderz; Text Buddy to Cara*Bear!
    Wife to Debra; Twinzie to Manderz; Text Buddy to Cara*Bear!
    Quote Originally Posted by dcusaf23 View Post
    At least I know some people exist there now! lol.. I can't find anyone who is stationed there! Unfortunately we won't be heading there for at least 2 1/2 months

Aww, I bet you're excited to see him! Is this the first time you're meeting him? or just meeting up there?
    I can totally ask them any questions you think of while I'm there/creep on anything (or at least try to. )

and yes, SO excited! We're just meeting there because we didn't want to be in our hometown with everyone we know. After 8 months, we're ready to have some alone time!

A picture paints a thousand words, it's true.
    But it's still not enough for how I feel about you.
  5. dcusaf23
    dcusaf23
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmCee View Post
    I can totally ask them any questions you think of while I'm there/creep on anything (or at least try to. )

and yes, SO excited! We're just meeting there because we didn't want to be in our hometown with everyone we know. After 8 months, we're ready to have some alone time!
    Get as much creepin in as you can & let me know what you think of it there! All I really know is, it gets really hot in the summer & they have a LOT of tornadoes.. but other than that i'm clueless, so anything would help!! lol

I love that feeling when you finally see your SO for the first time in months, it's amazing! I hope you have a great time together! and good idea about meeting up somewheres AWAY from everyone else.. now you get to have him all to yourself for a little while!
  6. Regular Member
    My husband is at Tinker but we Navy. There are a couple of good Facebook pages for Tinker. Send me a PM and i can give them too you.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I don't know much about Tinker, but Oklahoma has Braum's! Great ice cream.

I didn't realize until I saw this thread how much I missed Braum's!
  8. dcusaf23
    dcusaf23
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnAFWife View Post
    I don't know much about Tinker, but Oklahoma has Braum's! Great ice cream.

I didn't realize until I saw this thread how much I missed Braum's!
    Lol Braum's? is it a brand of ice cream?
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by dcusaf23 View Post
    Lol Braum's? is it a brand of ice cream?
    Braum's is kinda like a restaurant/ice cream store. It's hard to explain, I've never been to anything like it anywhere else. They serve food and ice cream, but they also sell the ice cream and other dairy products like a small dairy store.

I just remember that they had the best ice cream, I got really good milk there and the kids loved to stop there to eat when we were traveling!

We had them in Wichita when my husband was stationed at McConnell. They only have them in Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas and I think Arkansas.
  10. dcusaf23
    dcusaf23
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnAFWife View Post
    Braum's is kinda like a restaurant/ice cream store. It's hard to explain, I've never been to anything like it anywhere else. They serve food and ice cream, but they also sell the ice cream and other dairy products like a small dairy store.

I just remember that they had the best ice cream, I got really good milk there and the kids loved to stop there to eat when we were traveling!

We had them in Wichita when my husband was stationed at McConnell. They only have them in Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas and I think Arkansas.
    Oh, it sounds awesome!! Now I want some good ice cream haha & I can't wait to go now! It'll be the first place I look for when we get into Oklahoma! Thank you for letting me know about this place
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast