Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Moving to San Diego

1. MsJ
    Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Moving to San Diego

Advertisements
    We will be moving to San Diego, but dh has to go to school in Great Lakes. We would like to apply for housing first and move there before he heads to school that way the kids and our stuff is settled. Is it possible to apply for housing now even though he doesn't go to his new command early next year? Thanks!!
  2. Senior Member

Sorry I can't be of much help, as I do not live in housing. However, San Diego is beautiful!
    I hope your move goes smoothly, and you find the information you're looking for.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Contact the housing office. With waitlists it may be best to hop on the list now anyway.
  4. Senior Member
    Does he have hardcopy orders? He will need those to get on the wait list, I'm pretty sure. Definitely call Lincoln Military Housing and find out.

I don't think that you will be able to move into housing until he is at his duty station in San Diego.
  5. MsJ
    Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    We couldn't call them due to the time difference (Japan) and we did email them. They emailed us back saying they would find out and get back to us. It's been close to a week. I hope they give us a response soon. Do any of you recommend any areas that are safe and affordable?
  6. Regular Member
    San Diego is an amazing place to live! You'll love it Sorry, I have no advice but just wanted to say that! lol