Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Renting with Boyfriend and Friends

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Renting with Boyfriend and Friends

Advertisements
    So Im quite torn and quite confused and would like to have more information on this. I am looking at moving out of my grandparents house (which i have lived all 21 years of my life.) and my boyfriend wants to move in together with his two best friends. However he wants to do the whole marriage thing before he deploys in January. But i don't feel comfortable going to get that done quite yet because we just got back together. We have only been dating almost two months and we still are getting to know each other again...He has a dorm at Air Force Academy and really wants to move out because he thinks his stress is not being able to come home to an actual house. If we got a apartment together, without the whole marriage thing, could he still do that and able to stay off base, or is it more complicated then that? I would love to move in together because we have dated before and i've known him for 6 years but i guess he wants to do the marriage thing because of the money but also so im taken care of while he's deployed. I don't wanna get into an apartment have a fight and then get stuck in the end. Any suggestions?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I personally would never move in with anyone before mariage again. (Not that I am divorcing any time soon)
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Well me and my family both agree that we should probably live together before marriage because you learn their habits and it will be easier once you get married and such. To me that seems the easiest way...
  4. Banned
    Banned
    I wish I had some advice for you. My DB and I are looking at moving in together. We just got back together as well. I would say PM me but you cant yet. When you are able to shoot me a PM.
  5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Thanks Katee, I don't know how long i have to wait before Pming so. I have been in other forums before just can't remember how long. So glad i found this Support group tho!
  6. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Depending on his rank, he may not be able to move out of the barracks if he is not married.
    Also, if you are not ready to get married then don't. I wouldn't recommend that at all.
    But I also believe that living with someone before you're married is a good idea because you do see sides of them that you don't when you're not with them 24/7.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xXCinxicXx View Post
    Thanks Katee, I don't know how long i have to wait before Pming so. I have been in other forums before just can't remember how long. So glad i found this Support group tho!
    You have to have 15 posts. And you are very welcome dear.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    I wouldn't even move in with him, marriage or not, unless you for sure had a place to fall back on if you did get into a fight. Be careful
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xXCinxicXx View Post
    So Im quite torn and quite confused and would like to have more information on this. I am looking at moving out of my grandparents house (which i have lived all 21 years of my life.) and my boyfriend wants to move in together with his two best friends. However he wants to do the whole marriage thing before he deploys in January. But i don't feel comfortable going to get that done quite yet because we just got back together. We have only been dating almost two months and we still are getting to know each other again...He has a dorm at Air Force Academy and really wants to move out because he thinks his stress is not being able to come home to an actual house. If we got a apartment together, without the whole marriage thing, could he still do that and able to stay off base, or is it more complicated then that? I would love to move in together because we have dated before and i've known him for 6 years but i guess he wants to do the marriage thing because of the money but also so im taken care of while he's deployed. I don't wanna get into an apartment have a fight and then get stuck in the end. Any suggestions?

Wait...is he in the academy or active duty fixing to deploy?

If he is at the academy pretty sure he can't be married OR live outside the dorms.
  10. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Well all i know is he's stationed at the Academy as MP. I know he's not attending the academy like a cadet or anything so im sure its active duty. He does deploy in January. He got his orders on Tuesday. Im still learning this whole military thing, even though i have known him for a long time.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast