Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: Apartment question......

  1. Senior Member
    Meggie's Avatar
    Meggie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Uncasville, CT
    Posts
    4,219
    #31
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by karinaaahhh! View Post
    I think thats small. Esp. if you wanna do a King Size bed, I doubt it would fit and if it does it seems it'd be a tight squeeze. If thats all thats available and within you price range then go for it, but I'd keep looking around to see what gives.
    Meh, the king size is optional lol. Eventually we WILL have one, but we're gonna have to replace our bed anyway, that's why we're not bothering to bring it. So, whatever we get when we get down there will eventually go in a guest room when we "upgrade" to a bigger place......
  2. Senior Member
    *Meg*'s Avatar
    *Meg* is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,987
    #32
    My friends is pretty much that size but a bit bigger with more closets and it is tiny. She also pays 1300 a month for it. I feel like I could handle it if I was only paying the 600 or so you would be.
  3. Senior Member
    Meggie's Avatar
    Meggie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Uncasville, CT
    Posts
    4,219
    #33
    Quote Originally Posted by *Meg* View Post
    My friends is pretty much that size but a bit bigger with more closets and it is tiny. She also pays 1300 a month for it. I feel like I could handle it if I was only paying the 600 or so you would be.
    Holy hell!! $1300/month!?!?!?!?!

    Yea, I that TX is cheaper than CT & I'm trying to keep our rent under $750
  4. Senior Member
    Meggie's Avatar
    Meggie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Uncasville, CT
    Posts
    4,219
    #34
    Still totally looking at other places, since DH isn't gonna get the place till end Sept/beginning Oct...... I keep emailing him random places
  5. Senior Member
    livelearnlove's Avatar
    livelearnlove is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    I'm in Houston (by way of Detroit), He's in San Antonio!!
    Posts
    1,131
    #35
    there are websites where you can create floorplans and then "room plan" putting in pretend furniture.
    Here's a list of 10
    10 of the best free online room layout planner tools | Fresh Design Blog

    some apartment complexes allow you to do that with their layouts....my friend's has a similar size, though doesn't show room dimensions
    The Parkside Apartments Apartments in The Woodlands, TX click on home decor planner

    good luck!

    mine is like 780ish 1Bed 1 bath and how it's set up I feel like I have a decent amount of room. DB lived with me for a while. I also had a roommate for a few months...she slept on the couch and then on a mattress in my "dining room" haha.

    I think it's up to you how much space you need, but do keep in mind that it is your home....you don't want to be stressed out or uncomfortable in it because it is supposed to be your safe place
  6. Senior Member
    Meggie's Avatar
    Meggie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Uncasville, CT
    Posts
    4,219
    #36
    Quote Originally Posted by livelearnlove View Post
    there are websites where you can create floorplans and then "room plan" putting in pretend furniture.
    Here's a list of 10
    10 of the best free online room layout planner tools | Fresh Design Blog

    some apartment complexes allow you to do that with their layouts....my friend's has a similar size, though doesn't show room dimensions
    The Parkside Apartments Apartments in The Woodlands, TX click on home decor planner

    good luck!

    mine is like 780ish 1Bed 1 bath and how it's set up I feel like I have a decent amount of room. DB lived with me for a while. I also had a roommate for a few months...she slept on the couch and then on a mattress in my "dining room" haha.

    I think it's up to you how much space you need, but do keep in mind that it is your home....you don't want to be stressed out or uncomfortable in it because it is supposed to be your safe place

    To the bolded: Just moving & being in our OWN space & actually being with DH should eliminate about 90% of my stress
  7. Senior Member
    KatyB's Avatar
    KatyB is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,135
    #37
    That's super tiny. I live in a 980 sq ft 1/1 BY MYSELF with a dog and a cat, and it's like a shoebox.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    #luci's Avatar
    #luci is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,747
    #38
    You should also see if there is an Apartment Finder guide for the area. Even if you're just talking to them over the phone, I'm sure they can email you a few places with your price range in mind.
  9. Senior Member
    Meggie's Avatar
    Meggie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Uncasville, CT
    Posts
    4,219
    #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Luci View Post
    You should also see if there is an Apartment Finder guide for the area. Even if you're just talking to them over the phone, I'm sure they can email you a few places with your price range in mind.
    DH is there already, so he is actually checking out the places in person..... With this complex tho, they could only show him a 2BR since the 1BR won't be available till Oct......
  10. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    LoveMikeyBear's Avatar
    LoveMikeyBear is offline
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    25,417
    #40
    Our 2 bedroom is 885 sq. ft. and it feel small some times and roomy other times but we also don't have a lot of stuff.


    It depends what you feel is too small and how much stuff you are wanting to fit into it. I personally couldn't do 1000+ sq. ft for an apartment that'd me more area I have to clean daily and dust.

    It also depends on how it's designed as to how small it'll feel ours is very open and has lots of space to walk move around in the main part and then the master bedroom is nice and open with a decent sized walk in closet.
    Signature removed due to size.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •