Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Colorado Springs...buy or rent?

1. Nie

Colorado Springs...buy or rent?

Advertisements
    we have (tentative) orders to Fort Carson .....with also the potential for my hubby getting out winter next year......I'm torn - should I look for rental property for a year in case he does get out and we need to move for job or should I look for purchasing a home in case he stays in and/or gets a job?? Or should I attempt to get us on the list for base housing?
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

My sister and BIL live in CSprings and love it there. They bought a home almost a year ago and are planning on retiring there.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i would say buy buy buy, but I dont know your economic situation. Main question will be can you afford to keep it and try to rent it out for years after you leave?

it is a great area!
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    No suggestions in that area but I just moved here 2 months ago and LOVE it.

life's a party, rock your body
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Playin' in the Mountains of good ole Colorado
    It has small pockets of bad areas but, those are far and few between. It's a great area and you can get something a bit outside of the springs on the north side that's just gorgeous. Thing to remember is the Springs has Carson and two Air Force Bases. So, they're will always be a market to sell if you have to move.

If you decide to go into base housing they've been building quite a bit there. A family member of mine just got into the new housing and it's gorgeous!
    C8lynsarah is my wifey. She keeps me when life gets bumpy!

"I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I'm doing today?" And whenever the answer has been "NO" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something....almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose."