Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: SOO Home Sick

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

SOO Home Sick

Advertisements
    Hi Ya'll, I'm new to this site. I found it in desperation of calming my nerves. I've recently relocated to the opposite side of the country. My airman and I are not married, we met in high school and reconnected years later (( about a year ago)) while he was stationed close to where we grew up. We quickly became a couple, and I moved in with him. We only lived about an hour from where we were from. 9 months later he got orders to PCS across the country to FL. We are from CA. He asked me to go with him, and I didn't want to be with out him, so here I am. I am finding that every day I am a little more home sick. I miss my family, my friends, and the life I left behind. I gave up an amazing career, and I can't even find a job here. He's working a lot so he's tired when he gets home and I'm depressed all the time... I think about going home everyday. I can't go to school here because I don't want to pay out of state tuition, and since we're not married, I'm not on his orders. I've met a couple people, and adore them... but life just doesn't seem to be getting any better. I'm starting to wonder if I'm capable of living this kind of life.... Any advice??
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyairman View Post
    Hi Ya'll, I'm new to this site. I found it in desperation of calming my nerves. I've recently relocated to the opposite side of the country. My airman and I are not married, we met in high school and reconnected years later (( about a year ago)) while he was stationed close to where we grew up. We quickly became a couple, and I moved in with him. We only lived about an hour from where we were from. 9 months later he got orders to PCS across the country to FL. We are from CA. He asked me to go with him, and I didn't want to be with out him, so here I am. I am finding that every day I am a little more home sick. I miss my family, my friends, and the life I left behind. I gave up an amazing career, and I can't even find a job here. He's working a lot so he's tired when he gets home and I'm depressed all the time... I think about going home everyday. I can't go to school here because I don't want to pay out of state tuition, and since we're not married, I'm not on his orders. I've met a couple people, and adore them... but life just doesn't seem to be getting any better. I'm starting to wonder if I'm capable of living this kind of life.... Any advice??
    Is it possible for you to take a trip home for a visit? Have you tried skype with your friends and family?... Other then that im not sure what to tell you. While I love my DH, I would not have moved with him if we weren't married. There are too many roadblocks and crap that you have to deal with when your not a spouse...
  3. Senior Member
    Hey hon, I have no advice as I will soon be relocating across the country away from family. But seeing that this is your first post, you might want to say a few words about yourself in the newbies category.

Best of luck to you.