Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: VA Loan ????

1. Missing you more each day...
    Missing you more each day...

Help VA Loan ????

Advertisements
    If you have used a VA loan was the process long once you found a house? Any info will help please!! lol We are using the VA loan to purchase or 1st house, I've done my research but I want to hear from those that have actually used it.
    If it helps we got pre approved through USAA TIA

And if this has been posted before sorry...Im just a bit overwhelmed cause Im doing this one my own cause dh is deployed
  2. Life is good.
    Life is good.
    We got a VA loan and the process was just like any other loan. Quick and easy.
  3. Senior Member
    My parents just used it (my dad is retired Army.) They picked out the condo in May and got approved by the 1st of June.
  4. Senior Member
    We used a VA Loan back in 2006 got pre-approved and with in three weeks we where at closing.
  5. Senior Member
    Thanks for asking. I was wondering too.
  6. Senior Member
    In the past month or so VA appraisers have been very overloaded, so your appraisal may take longer than if you had an FHA or conventional loan so you may want to be prepared for it to happen later than expected.

Good luck!

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Laura~ View Post
    In the past month or so VA appraisers have been very overloaded, so your appraisal may take longer than if you had an FHA or conventional loan so you may want to be prepared for it to happen later than expected.

Good luck!
    This.

The actual loan itself was processed like normal, and we originally had a 45 day escrow---but it was extended by 5 days by a combination of our floors not being finished, and the VA Appraiser for our area being backed up. Everything else went smoothly.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    the loan process is the same for a VA backed loan as any other type of loan- usually 3-5 weeks once you have a binding contract to purchase.
  9. Senior Member
    Ditto PP, we had no delay with the VA loan. We got PCS orders out of the blue from DH's school, so we got pre-approved from NFCU, found a house within a week and then closed right about 30 days later. We did all the VA paperwork and appraisal in that 30 day time once we put the offer in.
  10. Senior Member
    We just bought a home while dh was deployed as well. We got preapproved. It did take a little longer and we had to push our closing back because the lenders are really backed up. As far as getting approved for the loan, that was easy. Overall from getting preapproved to closing on our house took a month and a half.