Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I'm new---HELP

1. Regular Member

I'm new---HELP

Advertisements
    So I am getting married June 20th to a guy in the Navy. His next duty station is in Lemoore CA and I have a question about moving. Do I have to pay out of pocket to move my stuff there or does the Navy help?
  2. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    With the army I know that when you move to where he is then they won't pay to move you. But if you were both PCSing then they would move you. I imagine the Navy would be the same.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed

4. hey baby, you got the love I need...
    hey baby, you got the love I need...
    Yep you do. Unless you get married before he gets new orders and you are on them. I had to move all my stuff out to Washington myself.
  5. Senior Member
    There is a way around this rule, if he never had his stuff all moved out, like if he's always lived in the barracks and still has stuff at home... they will pay to move his stuff (and your stuff is his stuff now that you're married, wink, wink). This is what we did when I moved out with DH and he had been stationed there for 4 years. We did a do-it-yourself move, but were 100% reimbursed for it.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jznavywife View Post
    There is a way around this rule, if he never had his stuff all moved out, like if he's always lived in the barracks and still has stuff at home... they will pay to move his stuff (and your stuff is his stuff now that you're married, wink, wink). This is what we did when I moved out with DH and he had been stationed there for 4 years. We did a do-it-yourself move, but were 100% reimbursed for it.
    jz is correct : here are the official rules:

and both need to apply-
    1) he did not move his single weight allowance when he went to CA- ( he would have had 5,000 lb allowance) and

2) you reside either at his HOR ( if CA is his first duty station) or in the location of his last duty station ( if this is a second or more tour)

if both are true then they will pay to get your HHG;s to CA but you will pay out of pocket to get there yourself.

and if he did move any stuff for free ( GOV move) or got reimbursed for a PPM you will only have the weight difference to use-
    say he used 2,000 lbs- you will then have 3,000 lbs to use.
    if he did not use the GOV to move or apply for reimbursement you will have the entire 5,000 lbs to move.
  7. Damage Control
    Damage Control

tell him to go talk to finance to be fore certain, but it looks like it has been generally answered

Embrace those who love you and whom you love, and rid yourself of those who will only bring you down!