Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VA Inspections

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

VA Inspections

Advertisements
    Last edited by LindsayLin; 01-05-2010 at 06:36 PM.
  2. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Are you talking about a VA appraisal?? Yep any and all advice anyone has on one of those is great
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  3. Senior Member
    I had no issues at all with the VA inspection. I've gone through it twice. They'll nail the house for any wood rot that needs replacing. They are also big on roofs I think (making sure they are in good condition. The seller has to fix any of the issues. If the $ of the fixes exceeds what you agreed to in the contract, then you negotiate with the seller. It's all to keep you from getting stuck with a house needing lots of repairs. Also, in my contract, my realtor wrote in wood repair, which I believe was not to be included in the $ we agreed they would cover in repairs. She knew I was VA, so she wanted to make sure that was covered since she knew they would require all wood rot be repaired. PM me if you get there and have any more questions.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Are you talking about a VA appraisal?? Yep any and all advice anyone has on one of those is great
    I haven't even started to think about the appraisal, do the appraisal and inspection happen at the same time? I know you have to have both, right now I'm more focused on the inspection. Are they really as strict as everyone is making them out to be?
  5. Banned
    Banned
    They are real sticklers with the building code. They nailed our builder for the garage steps being 1/4" out of code!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by thejigsup View Post
    I had no issues at all with the VA inspection. I've gone through it twice. They'll nail the house for any wood rot that needs replacing. They are also big on roofs I think (making sure they are in good condition. The seller has to fix any of the issues. If the $ of the fixes exceeds what you agreed to in the contract, then you negotiate with the seller. It's all to keep you from getting stuck with a house needing lots of repairs. Also, in my contract, my realtor wrote in wood repair, which I believe was not to be included in the $ we agreed they would cover in repairs. She knew I was VA, so she wanted to make sure that was covered since she knew they would require all wood rot be repaired. PM me if you get there and have any more questions.
    We had a private inspection yesterday and structurally the house is in great shape, no moisture, new roof, etc. I'm mostly worried about the fact that there is paint peeling on the exterior.
  7. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Quote Originally Posted by LindsayLin View Post
    I haven't even started to think about the appraisal, do the appraisal and inspection happen at the same time? I know you have to have both, right now I'm more focused on the inspection. Are they really as strict as everyone is making them out to be?
    LOL I have no clue, I am so confused with everything LOL.

We hopefully will be schuling sp? our home inspection today (cross your fingers) our appraisal will be immediately following due to a time crunch... that is all IF we get this house.
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    LOL I have no clue, I am so confused with everything LOL.

We hopefully will be schuling sp? our home inspection today (cross your fingers) our appraisal will be immediately following due to a time crunch... that is all IF we get this house.
    I hope it works out for you guys, you've been looking quite a while right? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
  9. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Quote Originally Posted by LindsayLin View Post
    I hope it works out for you guys, you've been looking quite a while right? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
    yeah, we have been waiting on a response for 2 weeks on this one house it has been up and down up and down
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    yeah, we have been waiting on a response for 2 weeks on this one house it has been up and down up and down
    I can't believe it took 2 weeks for a response? Were you counter offering the whole time? Or were they just not responding.

Either way, I'm glad you finally got your house! Congrats again!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast