Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: The part of home ownership that sucks!!!!

1. Senior Member

The part of home ownership that sucks!!!!

Advertisements
    The kids were both sitting in time out. I was watching them and watching TV. I heard something fall in the other room. I got up to investigate. Turns out part of my furnace fell off. I stood there and looked at it for a second to gather the full effect of realizing part of my furnace is laying on the floor. Then the set in. I can't just pick up the phone and call 1800 maintenance. Its below freezing outside so going without it is not an option. I managed to get it back in working order using some packing tape. Tomorrow at 9:30 a guy is coming to take my $64 and fix it for me.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    don't you miss the days of calling the landlord and having him take care of it for you?
    sigh.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Senior Member
    exactly why I hate owning a house, glad its cheap to fix!
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

i'd just fix it myself. sounds like it's a wall furnace, yes? & the cover fell off? i'm sure you could reattach it yourself.
  5. Senior Member
    I wouldn't have figured it out in a million years. It was just a cover. I have no clue how in the heck it just fell off. The guy that came to fix it had to take off the cover above it then pretty much jam it back into place. He guessed it wasn't put on correctly the last time it was removed. Maybe a gust of wind came in the air intake pipe or something and just nudged it enough to make it fall. Thankfully the furnace is working well and he said it looks to be good condition even though its a tad on the old side. I'm glad its fixed. He even changed my filter for me.