Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Working with a Realitor

1. Senior Member

Working with a Realitor

Advertisements
    What questions should I be asking to avoid getting myself into a mess later?
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    That's a good question and I'm interested to see what the ladies have to say or suggest. I called a realtor earlier today and waiting for a call back.
  3. Senior Member
    anyone just bought a house and have questions they wish they had asked?
  4. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    I'm not really sure what you are asking...

You're looking for a home?

If that's the case. Be specific. Know exactly what you want and how much you want to spend.

When we started looking for houses last year, I searched for houses online. I knew I wanted 3-4 bedrooms and at least 2 bathrooms on 3+ acres.. www.realtor.com is a great site.

If you have houses already in mind, then you can show the realtor which ones you want to see. It also helps to be pre-approved for a loan. That helps so much!

Good luck with it! If you have any more questions just let me know. We've bought and sold 3 houses now.
  5. Senior Member
    yes we are looking for a home but we are also not actually in the area yet. we have been there and my DH did some training there but we dont know all the in's and out's of the community. this will be our first home and i just dont want to get burnt!
  6. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Gotcha!

Well. First off. Don't sign anything yet. Depending on the state. I'm here in MO, you can get caught up w/ signing a realtor on as your exclusive realtor. A "Buyer's Agent". Unless you're selling a home, there's no need for that. The reason I say that is, just like finding a family doctor, you need to shop around. Not every Realtor out there is going to be the one for you. Does that make sense?

We just moved across state from the St Louis area to closer to KC. What I did was research online, EVERYTHING. From the base to the towns near it. We knew WHAT we wanted, what we wouldn't settle for. etc. I also knew that we were looking for a radius of 30 miles from base. So there were TONS of options for us.
  7. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Also.. I printed out all the houses we were interested in and brought them to the realtor. Course, I was a realtor for a while, so I kind of know how it works...

When you do your searches for houses, always search for $50,000 MORE than what you think you can afford. The reason is that you can ALWAYS talk people down, especially in today's market. AND people tend to think their house is worth WAY more than it actually is.

The house we sold near STL was on the market for $140,000. We let it go for $104,000. Sucked for us, but we had no choice.

The house we bought was on the market for $180,000, and we got it for $143,000. But if I had searched for houses at $150,000. I would have NEVER found this house!
  8. Senior Member
    thanks for the great advice!
  9. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    You're so welcome. Moving and buying a house is so stressful! If you have anymore questions just ask.
  10. Senior Member
    Thank you for posting this!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast