Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Wanting A Sweet Home OF Our Own, But

1. Senior Member

Big Grin Wanting A Sweet Home OF Our Own, But

Advertisements
    Last edited by NavyWife.Moody; 01-15-2010 at 01:30 PM.
  2. is so happy to have him HOME!!
    is so happy to have him HOME!!
    Blog Entries
    i'm wondering the same thing... so i'll follow along
    Mommy to Gavin and Tristan
    Wife to Nick.
  3. Senior Member

Last edited by NavyWife.Moody; 01-15-2010 at 01:31 PM.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Unfortunately only you can really make the decision if it is better for you to buy or rent. A lot of it will depend on how long you know you are going ot be in the area. I can tell you that for me personally we bought when we first moved here and we also bought at our last duty station. DH cannot live anywhere that doesn't have a garage and is not really into renting any more. So for us buying a house was the only way to go. When we first moved here we knew that we would be here for approximately 5 years since that was how long of a sea tour he had. We have been in our current home for almost 4 years and now we are making plans to stay here until he retires. If you are able to do sea and shore duty in the same location, then buying might be the better way to go for you. You get the tax benefit from it as well.

I don't know how much this helps you, but feel free to PM me anytime with any question you might have. We have purchased a house in South Carolina, sold that house, and ten purhcased another house in Virginia. We have had a VA loan, interest only loan, refinanced a house, and had a fixed rate loan. So I will be more than happy to help you out in any way that I can.
  5. Senior Member

Last edited by NavyWife.Moody; 01-15-2010 at 01:31 PM.
  6. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"
    I am going through somewhat of the same thing. I had a fixed rate mortgage on a townhome before DH and I got married. We have lived in it for a little while but with a baby coming, we are trying to move on base and I will rent my townhouse. I think my townhouse is a good investment though and couldn't get a good profit for it in this housing market right now.

I am looking at property management companies to handle the specifics of the rent and upkeep but I am sure there are some good sources out there to help weigh your options.

I would like to be with my for a while but thats what made me so tired in the first place!