Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Any carpenters here?

  1. Account Closed
    Trey's Avatar
    Trey is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    23,642
    #1

    Any carpenters here?

    Advertisements
    Overstock sent us the WRONG size sink.. Can I put a 33 inch wide sink in a 36 inch sink base cabinet? It's a farm style/apron front sink, but I'm worried it will look like shit having that open space on either side... And since it's an apron front, will that fuck things up more? Does this make any sense?

    Remodeling=
  2. Account Closed
    Sunshyne's Avatar
    Sunshyne is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    23,919
    #2
    what is your counter made out of? Do you have a pic??
  3. Senior Member
    rcwant2be's Avatar
    rcwant2be is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    13,517
    Blog Entries
    4

    #3
    if it's their mistake, they should bear the cost of returning it & replacing it
  4. Senior Member
    RakasansGirl's Avatar
    RakasansGirl is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Me: Lake Geneva WI DB: Fort Campbell KY
    Posts
    1,659
    #4
    Is it at all possible to return the sink for a different size? If you can I would try to do that.

    My Dads a carpenter and did some of this stuff at his house when he remodeled and I am pretty sure the sink would have to be shimmed on either side and depending on the cabinet below it i'm not thinking it would look right. I can give him a call tomorrow if someone hasnt answered it better for you.

    Good Luck
  5. Account Closed
    Trey's Avatar
    Trey is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    23,642
    #5
    Counter is butcher block temporarily, upgrading counters next year with our tax money.

    Here is pics of everything...

    SINK (33 INCHES):

    CABINET:

    TEMPORARY COUNTERS:
  6. Account Closed
    Trey's Avatar
    Trey is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    23,642
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwant2be View Post
    if it's their mistake, they should bear the cost of returning it & replacing it
    That was my intent, but then when I calculated the time for returning and getting a new one, we would be living in the house without a sink for almost two weeks. They will most definitely be compensating somehow though.... I guess maybe I could ask them to overnight a new one?
  7. Senior Member
    rcwant2be's Avatar
    rcwant2be is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    13,517
    Blog Entries
    4

    #7
    you'd have to fill with counter on the top & i'd fill with white on the sides. honestly, for the price you paid for that sink, make them correct it pronto!
  8. Senior Member
    Heather's Avatar
    Heather is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    My little house on the prairie
    Posts
    18,789
    #8
    I'd just send the sink back and ask for the proper size. I imagine you'd have to get a new cabinet and new counter tops to fit the sink they sent you. I doubt there is anyway to hide/fill in that kind of gap.
  9. Senior Member
    rcwant2be's Avatar
    rcwant2be is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    13,517
    Blog Entries
    4

    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Rileysmom View Post
    That was my intent, but then when I calculated the time for returning and getting a new one, we would be living in the house without a sink for almost two weeks. They will most definitely be compensating somehow though.... I guess maybe I could ask them to overnight a new one?
    precisely.

    honestly, it'll always bug you if it's not "right".
  10. Account Closed
    Trey's Avatar
    Trey is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    23,642
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by RakasansGirl View Post
    Is it at all possible to return the sink for a different size? If you can I would try to do that.

    My Dads a carpenter and did some of this stuff at his house when he remodeled and I am pretty sure the sink would have to be shimmed on either side and depending on the cabinet below it i'm not thinking it would look right. I can give him a call tomorrow if someone hasnt answered it better for you.

    Good Luck
    Thank you, that's a very kind offer, I might take you up on that!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •