Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: House Shopping Question

1. Senior Member

House Shopping Question

Advertisements
    uggg this whole house shopping thing is not as fun as i thought it would be. I think it is giving me an ulcer. but i do have a question:

We found one-- the house is ok has a everything we are looking for, great location except it is just not my style, but it comes with almost thirteen acres. the house sits on 2.7 and the other 10.2 can be subdivided once also. So it is a good investment, and a great deal -- this house is priced about 40,000 less than similar houses in the area, that do not have the extra acreage. My problem is spending 240,000 i feel like i should love it. So my question is how many of you absolutely loved your houses or did you compromise? I am just looking for some reassurance i guess. thanks
  2. Banned
    Banned
    I compormised- I love our home- we have made it very "US" and I plan to live in this house a very long time- if not forever- but yes I compromised.
  3. Senior Member
    thanks
  4. Senior Member
    I loved our house at first sight. I dont know if i'd be willing to settle on a major decision like that. I'm pretty picky though. Good luck with whatever you decide!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I did some compromising, but i liked it, just was not perfect but as i looked at like what felt like 1000 houses it was close enough for me. Once we moved in and settled in, it felt like home. It's hard to find perfect but you have to look at it and see how you can make it your almost perfect. A house is a big purchase so make sure it is something you can be happy with all around. You don't want to be miserable with a 30 year payment. Good Luck!
  6. Senior Member
    We compromised. We wanted a large house, lots of land in the country. We have a small house, small lot in the city. It was better because of the location for schools and shopping. But we have been working on changing things slowly and making it us. The investment in this house has paid off thos since it's value has increased much more than all the other places that we looked at. I think it's better to look at the potential of a home rather than looking at the way it is now.
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  7. Senior Member
    you need to make your house your home. look at the structure and envision how you can make it 'yours'. kwim??

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Try to look at what it COULD be once you move in... if it has everything you want and is a good deal, it might be okay that it isn't the style (outside? layout?) you wanted so long as it is functional and can be made to feel like home.
  9. Senior Member
    It sounds like a great investment.. I would do it probably because later on we could sell the land and house and buy my DREAM home!!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kimly View Post
    It sounds like a great investment.. I would do it probably because later on we could sell the land and house and buy my DREAM home!!
    thanks I think we are going to do it. That is what i figured.