Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Master bathrooms

1. Senior Member

Help Master bathrooms

Advertisements
    We're going to be building a master bathroom. I want it to have a full bath tub, garden tub if we can afford it, with a shower. John just wants a sink and toilet, maybe a stall shower.

If you bought a house what kind of stuff would you like in your master bathroom?

We will have another full bathroom with a full tub/shower and double sinks.
  2. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    Well, it depends. What you have sounds sufficient. You plan to renovate and flip, right? You want to make sure that you don't overimprove for the area or put things into the house that are specific to YOUR tastes as the owner. You don't want to go all crazy and put an expensive steam shower, heated tiles, and really over-priced expensive stuff. Perhaps look at the listings for some of the houses for sale in your area and see what features their master suites have, so that you don't put more money in than you'll get out.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

garden tub & regular tub both seem like total overkill, not to mention the br would have to be HUGE to accomodate that.

my co worker put in an all glass, frame less shower.....it's super awesome. i love it!
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    An old fashioned claw tub. A heated floor. A heated towel holder. Separate area for the toilet. Separate shower.
    Drain in floor. Silent exhaust fan.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    Well, it depends. What you have sounds sufficient. You plan to renovate and flip, right? You want to make sure that you don't overimprove for the area or put things into the house that are specific to YOUR tastes as the owner. You don't want to go all crazy and put an expensive steam shower, heated tiles, and really over-priced expensive stuff. Perhaps look at the listings for some of the houses for sale in your area and see what features their master suites have, so that you don't put more money in than you'll get out.
    We're taking into consideration the houses around us. I think the most over the top thing we're doing is using marble tile for the bathrooms. We haven't bought them yet though. The thing is we have 4 bedrooms. 2 are a pretty standard bedroom sizes. The other two are small for single bedrooms and one of them has the access for the furnace and a closet the size of a coat closet. We're considering knocking out the wall and making the two smaller rooms one large room. It'll be enough space for a bathroom and a smaller walk in closet. We'll be able to turn what is the closet for one of the bedrooms into an actual coat closet since we don't have one at all and build access to the furnace in a different location. We're being careful not to choose things that are personal. We toured some model homes in the area got some great ideas and are trying to bring some of those designs into our home. Also by adding a master bath we can take out the small half bath we already have and give more space in the living room.

Quote Originally Posted by rcwant2be View Post
    garden tub & regular tub both seem like total overkill, not to mention the br would have to be HUGE to accomodate that.

my co worker put in an all glass, frame less shower.....it's super awesome. i love it!
    No it wouldn't have to be huge at all. We have a standard tub and shower in our main bath right now and its so tiny. Just barely enough room to fit the tub, sink and toilet. I want something a bit bigger but not to big.

My parents did the framless glass shower in their house a while ago and it looked like crap after a few years. It didn't hold up at all and it got water spots stained on the glass. It looks great in the beginning but I wouldn't waste my money on it.
  6. ------------------
    ------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather View Post
    We're going to be building a master bathroom. I want it to have a full bath tub, garden tub if we can afford it, with a shower. John just wants a sink and toilet, maybe a stall shower.

If you bought a house what kind of stuff would you like in your master bathroom?

We will have another full bathroom with a full tub/shower and double sinks.

I, personally, cannot stand stall showers. I am talking about the small ones where you can barely bend over to shave your legs...LOL. My favorite bath/shower had a garden tub, but was also the shower. It was SO roomy!!!
  7. Banned
    Banned
    we bought this house largely for it's bathroom.it has a garden tub big enough for 2, a water closet, double sinks and a seperate shower stall

the trends now seem to be: garden tub, water closet, double sinks and a seperate shower stall.
  8. Senior Member
    Full bath, with a seperate shower definitely. I wouldn't buy a house without a tub in the the master.
    Needs work.
  9. missing him
    missing him
    ours has a really nice, deep garden tub, a shower stall (not one of the small single person ones either. its not huge though), toilet. had a corner cabinet but i ripped it out. it was triangular and didn't really serve much purpose as far as putting towels in it unless you were gonna fold them like a flag has the mirror above the sink and the lights above it. i just wish it was arranged differently and had a double sink. but other than that our master bath is the size of a small bedroom. you could seriously fit a full size bed in there. no joke. if the stuff was out of there.
  10. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Since this is the best investment you can make in your house I would not skimp. A large tub is nice but if you are going bare bones then you at least want an large shower (think something like 5'x7') with a built in bench and multi-shower head. A double vanity is pretty much a must in a master bath. If you have a single sink you want at min. a 6' counter. The toilet would be best separated in a small cubby or closet like enclosure so that the bathroom can be used by more than one person comfortably. I could add a lot more but I might just confuse ya'! I actually work in the Architecture field so if you have any other questions feel free to PM me!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast