Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Local places for kitchen remodel? (San Diego)

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Local places for kitchen remodel? (San Diego)

Advertisements
    Anyone done any remodeling and found good places that has good prices for the following (thinking like a warehouse or a wholesaler or outlet)? It's a DIY project, we are only getting help with the solid surface countertop and the carpets, the rest we are doing ourselves and with the help of my dad and brother...

Carpets?
    Solid surface (granite or stone) for countertop?
    Flooring (Either hardwood, Pergo or tile)?
  2. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    check craigslist. a lot of warehouse and wholesalers advertise in the materials for sale section
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Sweet, that's one place I haven't looked yet, thanks!
  4. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    You're welcome!! I've been doing some remodel research myself, and CL is where I've seen a lot of listings
  5. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    OOh... could you please link me to the faucet/sink place??
  6. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Right now Home Depot is giving you $100 if you apply for their credit card and cut up your Lowes card (if you have one). We just took advantage of that and got a bunch of stuff.

Also, IKEA has awesome kitchen stuff. I never would have thought that before until we started house hunting and saw a house with a beautiful kitchen that was all done by IKEA. Plus, they are super cheap. When we went to look at their kitchen set-ups, they had complete kitchens (minus the appliances) for like $1500-$3500. I would check them out.

As far as flooring, we are working with a guy right now who is going to be putting in either hardwood or laminate flooring in our house (havent decided which we want yet) and he is getting really good pricing because he can get it for wholesale, and he does the installation WAY cheaper than anywhere I have seen. If you want, I will let you know how it turned out once it is done.

I havent seen any real good prices on flooring otherwise, except for IKEA but I didnt see any I was crazy about. I saw some NICE bamboo flooring at Home Depot though for $1.99 sq ft. which was a great price.

If you need any bathroom fixtures (faucets, etc.) I found a great place online where I got all new bathroom sink and tub faucets for much less than they were at Home Depot and Lowes. For instance, the bathtub faucet set I wanted was $199 at Home Depot and I got it online for $144.50 plus free shipping. I got the bathroom sink faucets for $103, compared to $130 at Home Depot. Shipping was fast too. I was really impressed.

Also, there is always EBAY! We are getting all our kitchen cabinet handles on ebay for a fraction of the cost of what they would be at Home Depot or Lowes, etc. Like $1.99 ea compared to $6.99 ea.
    WE LOVE the bamboo at home depot and are thinking about that one. We are making our house as "green" as possible, so bamboo is cheap and right up our alley.

We are doing cabinets from Ikea too, they have the best storage and organization ideas, IMO and we are just upgrading the cabinets. Plus the drawer dampers are so freaking awesome!

I found an awesome Kohler kitchen faucet on Ebay that we are getting.

We realllllly want to do either concrete floors or concrete countertops, but are still debating it as far as time-wise.

Did your sister tell you that we are going to be near-neighbors?
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Thanks for the link to that faucet place, awesome!!!
  9. Senior Member
    another good place to look for faucets and stuff like that is
    www.improvementdirect.com (have several websites : faucetdirect.com lightingdirect.com etc.)
    or
    Overstock my mom got a bunch of her stuff from there

10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Thanks Kay, there are some good deals on those sites!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast