Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a mortgage question

1. Cookie Queen
    Cookie Queen

I have a mortgage question

Advertisements
    Recently our mortgage was sold to another company...I get that it happens frequently, but it still irritated me since our mortgage lender told me it wouldn't happen. I also find it ironic that this happened the very next month after our homeowner insurance (which is wrapped up into our loan) went down when we installed a home security system.

Fast forward to Friday when I received a notice from the new company that every year they look into the escrow and readjust if necessary. According them this is done if property values have increased or home owners insurance.

Given the current state of the market, property values have NOT increased since we purchased, in fact they have DECREASED and our insurance went DOWN and not up. Yet they increased our fixed-rate mortgage by $30! It may not seem like a lot but I don't understand why they did this and I'm pissed off! I was just looking for insight before my Husband calls the company this evening to ask why.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Could you check if the taxes have been re-assessed. I seriously doubt they were and you would think they would have decreased for sure. And if your insurance went down you would think this wouldn't happen. I'd be sooooo mad!
  3. Cookie Queen
    Cookie Queen
    We figured it out. Poopy.
  4. Senior Member
    What was it?
  5. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    what happened? why would a fixed rate mortgage go up?
  6. Cookie Queen
    Cookie Queen
    It was the property taxes...they weren't assessed or some hogwash last year and so to make up for it they were just reassessed and had gone up since the last time it happened. So we're stuck with our $30 increase. After talking to my FIL I don't feel better either. He said theirs has gone up every year since they bought their house in '94. I hate the Federal Government and their stupid tax increases.
  7. Senior Member
    Meh.. the mortgage company doesn't have much to do with that.. You need to talk to your county assessor, at the Treasurer's office.. It's not the Federal taxes, but the local taxes the county sets...

You can actually ask for a reassessment, and see if they will adjust it...
  8. Cookie Queen
    Cookie Queen
    I know the mortgage company isn't the one to deal with, but they were the ones that sent the papers. I didn't understand them all so my Husband went through them and that's where he saw the reason for the increase, he didn't actually call. Taxes are to blame though and considering they were just assessed, I doubt they would reassess them...if they did they probably wouldn't come out with much difference. I suppose I'll be happy with it only being an extra $30, it could be worse.
  9. Jo
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Our home goes up every year here in Va. Beach and they readjust our mortgage to cover our escrow. I figure it's just a part of it all, at least it's not going down!
  10. Cookie Queen
    Cookie Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo View Post
    Our home goes up every year here in Va. Beach and they readjust our mortgage to cover our escrow. I figure it's just a part of it all, at least it's not going down!
    Definitely a good point! That's what they did, adjusted our mortgage to cover the escrow.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast