Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mortgages

1. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*

Question Mortgages

Advertisements
    If you have a mortgage how much do you pay a month?
    How much was the house when you bought it?
    I just can't fathom people spending over a grand a month on a mortgage but I don't see any other options. We looked into buying a 2000sq ft double wide mobile home and it was amazing and not like the trailor park ones you think of. It was around $90 grand and we would have to add a well/septic into that since we can't tie into my parents. So, it would be closer to $100,000 after all the taxes and stuff. They said our payment would be roughly $850 a month... FOR A EFFING DOUBLE WIDE???
    My DH is not in the Marines anymore and civi pay with no housing allowances sucks royally let me tell yah. He makes less than $22 grand a year so we can't afford with all other living expenses anything over $650 and thats pushing it.
    With my DH's shift he works he is never home and we never see him so he doesn't want me to get a job. If I work days I don't see him at all unless I watch him sleep at night and I can't work afternoon/nights cause I refuse someone else to raise my child. So. working isn't an option right now with his shift/job. I mean we are okay with only having one income. Jer's child support pays his tuiton to school and his expenses so we use Josh's income for our bills and such. I just know when we were renting a single wide trailor... new and nice... it was $600 a month and we were struggling daily to keep from sinking and that was with getting $250 more a month in child support(mine went down when exDH moved into base housing) We live in a smaller rural area but the cost of living is insane for the area... houses that look like dumps are no less than $150 grand and when you make $11.28/hr that isn't possible to swing.
    So, long story short... can you let me be a tad nosey into your lifes and see what you pay? What the average mortgage is?
  2. Senior Member
    We bought our house for $315,000 and our mortgage payment is just under $2300 a month. Ya, OUCH!
  3. Purpur
    my house was about $75,000 and I paid $600 a month. Small house, good timing.
  4. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    HOLY CRACKERS Stacey!!!!!!!!!
    Thats more than we make in a month
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *~*Cori*~* View Post
    HOLY CRACKERS Stacey!!!!!!!!!
    Thats more than we make in a month
    Luckily the BAH here is $2058. It still doesnt cover the mortgage let alone the other crap but we budget well.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We are looking at houses a little under $300K and after taxes and insurance and all that, probably around 2K a month. Sadly, that much money only gets us a 3-4 bedroom that needs a bit of work here in CA!

Also, I'm gonna move this to the Home, Sweet Home forum.
  7. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    Thanks Trey, I didn't even know we had one of those forums
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Yep, its new! I thought that way you might get some more experience answers!
    I was gonna ask this question the other day too, so thanks for posting it!
  9. Senior Member
    Our mortgage on our condo is for 130K and is about $1035 a month. However, that includes principal, interest, mortgage insurance and taxes. When we first moved in, the property values were lower, so taxes were lower and our payment was like...$930 or something like that. It had gone up to slightly over $1100 () but then our taxes went down and our payment went down.

We are getting this place ready to sell though, too small for our growing family.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We bought our house for 115,000 and we pay $940 a month and that includes insurance, taxes and all the other crap.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast