Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: At a cross roads

1. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

Help At a cross roads

Advertisements
    I found a house i love. it is so cute and has beautiful everything and just a lot of special touches. it is on the older side so it has tons of character. but also new roof, windows, etc so it's been updated.

BUT

the kitchen is waaaaaaaay small. Like an aisle and then everything is just on the sides. I thought about if there was room for expansion later on but all major appliances (stove, oven, etc) are in the wall on that side naturally so it'd probably take a lot of money and work to do. Which is still an option. But I hate the kitchen. The rest I love. So i'll send you a link so you can give input....and another link (the gray house) that we're also thinking off. Although I must warn you, the furniture featured in the pictures is ugly and mine would look much better. Just so you know....

What to do?

This is the one i love except the kitchen. (by the way the flaming red shower is in the basement. not as the main one. but i think you could decorate right to make it look not too insane. Also the rooms are huge, they look small in the pic but they are really good size)
    http://www.dahlquistrealtors.com/lis...sp?Mls=08-1119
    Here are more pics cause that link doesn't show a bunch...

This is the other one.
    http://www.dahlquistrealtors.com/lis...sp?Mls=07-1562

2. Senior Member
    I love the first one. In the house I used to have the kitchen was small & I hated it. I wanted to extend the kitchen out but we never did.
  3. Senior Member
    I like them both. They are both very cute. But thats a hard decision to make. If you get the one you love will you sit there and look at the kitchen everyday and say that you hate it? Or is it something you can come to live with?
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed

I like them both, but the I like the 1st one more sweety
  5. Senior Member
    oh that is really hard. I am architect, so i would just tear that kitchen apart, but i don't know what to tell you. The first one has way more style, and is prob of better construction.
    good luck.
  6. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyinabarrel View Post
    oh that is really hard. I am architect, so i would just tear that kitchen apart, but i don't know what to tell you. The first one has way more style, and is prob of better construction.
    good luck.
    OOOH! Ok Ms. Architect.....if you just expanded the kitchen by a couple of fett t the side, would it be astronmical? It isn't like we're going to do it anytime soon. Maybe in 5 or 6 years. I know it is hard if you haven't been there but just a guess.

7. Senior Member
    i would have to have more information to give you an accurate answer. you mentioned moving plumbing, if the plumbing is already there and you are just moving it a few feet, that is not expensive, the large plumbing expense comes up when there is no existing plumbing in the spot. but there are a lot of other issues that you need to look at before assuming you can just add an addition, ie setbacks, size restrictions, to name a few. Your Realtor can help, sorry i cannot be of more.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    The kitchen is a big deal to me so if I probably wouldn't go with one. It does sound like you really love one and not two just by the detail you went into with that. If you can fix up the kitchen go for it!
    ★RagaBabe Cloth Diapers Grand Opening www.ragababe.com