Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Getting a good home loan with OK credit

1. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

Question Getting a good home loan with OK credit

Advertisements
    Ok. I still haven't heard back from USAA but i'm not jumping the gun. I'm just curious.

For those with good credit but not great credit (600's).....how much did you get approved for and who was your lender? Just doing research.

We both have good jobs and decent credit. But i'm just nervous.

2. Senior Member
    it will depend on what you make, how much debt you have, and how much money you have saved. it is not based solely on credit, so how much other people w/ your credit score got approved for will not help you without the other info. if you are good otherwise you should be fine. calm down. keep us updated though. i'm going through the same thing. have to wait until my so gets back from recruiter school to get pre-approved though.
  3. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    If you use FHA or VA, your credit score (unless it's below 590 I believe) will have little to no impact on your mortgage approval. Debt-to-income ratio, income, credit history (mostly payment history), etc etc as well as how much you have in reserves (banks like to see that if something were to happen to your job, you'd have money to pay your mortgage) and what not are the most important factors that lenders consider.
  4. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    If you use FHA or VA, your credit score (unless it's below 590 I believe) will have little to no impact on your mortgage approval. Debt-to-income ratio, income, credit history (mostly payment history), etc etc as well as how much you have in reserves (banks like to see that if something were to happen to your job, you'd have money to pay your mortgage) and what not are the most important factors that lenders consider.
    thanks ladies!

5. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    Also the amount you are approved for will also depend on where you live. I know that we can get a bigger loan in VA than here because the houses are cheaper here and they there for you don't need as big of a loan. Good luck sweetie.

6. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Just an update: the loan with USAA did go through and we got approved for the house I really want. So well see how that goes! Thanks for all the good vibes!

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed

I'm really happy for you guys
  8. Senior Member
    Good luck!
    Trish & Hubby Home for R&R!! Dec. 2009
  9. Pass the Chocolate
    Pass the Chocolate
    That's awesome!! We also used USAA for our VA loan and they rocked. Have fun picking out a house---it's so much fun!!!!
  10. Pass the Chocolate
    Pass the Chocolate
    I'd only get a home loan thru a major bank, no shady military loan places, thanks!