Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Scrapbooking

1. davidsgirl

Scrapbooking

Advertisements
    As most of you know my db is gone for the next umpty months in Iraq so I decided to pick up a new hobby and what better than scrapbooking...I wanted to do a book with our baby pics and maybe some pics of things to look forward to so I called his mom and asked her for pics and she said she only has one cause they were lost throughout the years......I don't have many pics of him because we have only been together 4 months and he is gone.....I am a beginner scrapbooker (lol) and have no clue what to do now.....looking for ideas to create a scrapbook to send him out there.....
  2. davidsgirl
    bumpimg..any ideas?
  3. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

When I started scrapping, I started with Creative Memories... they go from beginners to everything else along the way. (I loved it so much that I was a consultant for a while, I quit a while back though)

You can get a lot of stuff from your local craft store as well if you know someone who already scraps who can help you get started. But if you don't know anyone, I'd find a Creative Memories consultant or a CTMH consultant... I'd love to help you if you lived in my area, but we're several states away!
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  4. c'est la vie
    c'est la vie
    I love to scrapbook, and my best advice is to head into an Archiver's if you have one near you. They have tons of cool stuff, paper, stickers, pens, books, stamps, ink, scissors/cutters, everything you could possibly need. Most of their stores also have die-cutters you can use and a work-room you can work on your book in with cutting gear and mats available. And the sales people usually know what they're talking about too. Let me know if you need anything else (even ideas for layouts and stuff!!) Good luck and have fun!
    If you love someone, let them go. If it was meant to be, then they will return to you.
  5. C'swife
    I love scrapbooking, check out your local craft store! I love stickers and embellishments, you can also google scrapbooking and get a ton of sites so you can look at ideas!! I have about a million books!! : any specific questions?
  6. Senior Member
    I've only made one scrapbook so I don't really have any great advice but since you don't have many pictures of him maybe continue with the "things to look forward to" idea or a book of things you've done/are doing while he is away. When I was working on mine I basically went to Michaels and bought every sticker ever That was my inspiration

7. davidsgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by C'swife View Post
    I love scrapbooking, check out your local craft store! I love stickers and embellishments, you can also google scrapbooking and get a ton of sites so you can look at ideas!! I have about a million books!! : any specific questions?
    I have a Michales close by....i have been told i need a certain glue and certain stickers.....i have googled so many sites....wow.....i am excited and can't wait to start....
  8. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Try to search back on this site for scrapbook. It will come back with toooons of things. I've been scrapbooking for years already and I can tell you that when I 1st started I got loooots of things I didn't even use.
    So you need...
    A good glue (I use the quick dry tacky, got it at walmart)
    Acid free card stock and papers
    Big pair of scissors and a tiny one (like the ones you use for your eyebrows)
    Stickers
    Embellishments
    Pictures
    12" Paper trimmer
    Double sided tape

those are the things I use the most. I would sugest you to take a scrapbooking 101 class at your local store. They run for about $10-$20 and you will learn the basic and see what tools you want.

As far as wanting to make a scrapbook and not having many pics. You can make a mini book with quotes or love notes or things that you love about him. Stuffs like that! Just have fun and really make it from your heart.
    Ask away if you have more ?

PS.. Also wanted to add since you have a Michaels close by. Use their coupons and every week get something new with it. You will save tons of money!
  9. Photographer in Southern CA
    Photographer in Southern CA
    Blog Entries

pm sent
  10. c'est la vie
    c'est la vie
    Quote Originally Posted by davidsgirl View Post
    ....i have been told i need a certain glue and certain stickers.....
    You just need to make sure everything is acid free so the photos won't be damaged
    If you love someone, let them go. If it was meant to be, then they will return to you.