Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: fleece blanket help!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

fleece blanket help!

Advertisements
    So I am really excited, I got stuff to make a fleece blanket for my boyfriend, they had a material with the army logo on it so thats the front and then a solid on the back, but I was jus wondering how exactly you tie the knots on the fringes, and hints or tips would be great!! thanks.
  2. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    lay both fabrics together, and use some large safety pins to pin them together about 6 inches in around it. cut a 4 inch square out of each corner, then cut 1 inch wide strips with a 4 inch depth the entire way around. just tie them in a double knot when done. It might be easiest to do one side at a time(cut, tie move on).
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Thanks!!!
  4. Jen
    ♥ my wify navygirl8407
    ♥ my wify navygirl8407
    Blog Entries
    its pretty easy once you get going!
  5. C'swife
    I never pin mine, takes too much time, I just lay the fabric out so it's lined out and measure with a ruler, cut 4 by 4 squares out of each corner first, and the start at one end and cut 4 inches in, in one inch apart strips. I usually do one side and then tie, you'll get the hang of it but if you tie the knot the right way then the opposite color strip will be right side up, (for example you have the army logo on the front, and the plain on the back.. the army side is face up towards you, when you tie the knot, the plain side will be the strip facing you) did that make sense? anywhoo.. I do one side then go on to cut the next sides strips, then tie those, so on and so on. I also make sure to knot it (meaning tie it twice)