Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Computer Wizes Out There...Bittorrent and Vista?

1. MysteryGirl12

Shock Computer Wizes Out There...Bittorrent and Vista?

Advertisements
    I just got a new laptop for college and all the laptops you buy today come with window's Vista and my computer won't let me download bittorent. Are there any updated versions out there made for Vista yet? I'd imagine there are but I just can't seem to find it. Help?
  2. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    I have no idea what bittorent even is
  3. MysteryGirl12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I have no idea what bittorent even is
    Well I use it for downloading albums b/c it takes no time to download a torrent online, then you can use bittorrent offline. A torrent is basically a compressed file. Bittorrent uncompresses that file for you.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I'm in the same boat - I've not seen a version avaiable for Vista yet. Sorry!
  5. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    your best bet would be to contact the manufacturers and see when they are releasing bittorent for vista. I don't download music so I am no help there really.
  6. Oopsadaisy
    Have you tried going to Microsoft and downloading a driver for it? I had a problem with my printer and Vista and I just went to microsoft and typed in my printer name under driver downloads and it came up with one.. I am not sure why or udnerstand it all, that is just what my DH told me to do and it worked!!
  7. Happy little tree
    Happy little tree
    Have you tried Azureus? It's a good torrent download program that I use...I'm not on Vista though, so not sure if it'll work! Good luck.

Keep up with all of our adventures with renovating a 1960s ranch house - check out MY BLOG!

8. MysteryGirl12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonia View Post
    I'm in the same boat - I've not seen a version avaiable for Vista yet. Sorry!
    Vista's been out since January >.<. There has to be a compatible version somewhere in computer land! It's like impossible to search for it though because the only results you get are about how mad Windows is at Bittorrent for making Vista downloadable on their site. I think there are patches but you have to download Bittorrent to put a patch on it and the computer won't let you download it. Says it's corrupted or some bull.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I have a feeling microsoft have done it on purpose to put off new computer owners from dl'ing illegaly
  10. MysteryGirl12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
    Have you tried Azureus? It's a good torrent download program that I use...I'm not on Vista though, so not sure if it'll work! Good luck.
    Apparently it is compatable

http://www.trap17.com/index.php/azur...ta_t38175.html

I'll try downloading it, thank you!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast