Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photogs: Opinions please.

1. The Cat Whisperer
    The Cat Whisperer

Photogs: Opinions please.

Advertisements
    DJ may or may not have ruined our camera. He went kayaking and had it wrapped in a plastic back in his backpack and the humidity/moisture got to it and it wasn't starting. ()

Anyhow, it's a Kodak Z650 and it was a great camera. It did some cool things and we truly 'd it, but if it's ruined, then it's ruined, can't do anything about it. I was looking at maybe upgrading. There's no where to upgrade to with Kodak really, so I was looking into a Canon Power Shot for around $300-$400.

So here's where I need your opinion.

In the grand scheme of life (mind you, I'm probably never going to blow anything up over an 11x14 (if ever) print...)...

SO how much of a difference is there (in your opinion) between... 6.1 MP, 7.0 MP, 8.0 MP?

My Z650 is a 6.1 MP and the 4x6 prints come out heavenly. I haven't blown anything up in a long time because this base sucks balls and you can't do it from the kiosk.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Th edifference with the MP's is the clarity of the picture that you get. The higher the MP is the better picture you will be able to get.
  3. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    if you want to make poster sized portraits, a higher MP is what you need but to make 4 x 6... 6.1 or so should do just fine
  4. Senior Member
    I love my power shot...mine has stability balance..it rocks..clear pic and awesome zoom
    Finding more and more truth to the words written in red.-B&D

Goodness speaks in a whisper, evil shouts.
    Tibetan proverb

The greater love is a mother's; then comes a dog's; then a sweetheart's.
    Polish Proverb
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm not a photographer, but I do pose for photos for a living! Well over half of my portfolio was shot with the Canon XT Rebel. 8.0 megapixels, and one photographer made me a poster sized print, easy as pie.

It's my understanding that you cna go lower on the megapixels, if you have GOOD glass.

Sorry to hear your camera broke
  6. The Cat Whisperer
    The Cat Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by knockouttrish View Post
    Th edifference with the MP's is the clarity of the picture that you get. The higher the MP is the better picture you will be able to get.
    I know that much, I was asking what the difference was (if any really) between a 6.1 and a 7.0.
  7. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Can I just ask why you don't think there is an upgrade with Kodak? Dh got me the V610 for my birthday and this camera is amazing. it's definatly an upgrade from our Z700

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

8. ~rain~
    i have the nikon d40 and i love it. now they have the d40x and its 10 mp and mines only 6
  9. The Cat Whisperer
    The Cat Whisperer
    I went back to the Kodak site and was looking at their high zoom series (that's the style we like the best) and there is a small upgrade from Z650 to the Z712 SI. I like it and might order that. It's 12x Optical Zoom with 7.1 MP.

We want a camera we can add different lenses and filters too, so that kind of rules out the C, M and V series, but I WAS looking at getting a V803 to have as a back up, carry everywhere camera.
  10. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    I see. Yeah I love my Kodak, I get some amazing shots especially with my new one.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast