Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Scrapbookers!

1. I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel...

Help Scrapbookers!

Advertisements
    Hi there! With DB gone and me in between school sessions, I've found I need a hobby to kill some time. I decided that I'd take up scrapbooking, only because everytime I've ever seen the pages that people make, I think they're so cute. I recently went down to a scrapbook store here in town, and I bought a few things to get me started on my first page (paper, stickers, etc.) but I'm a little confused as how to actually start on a page to get it to look as cute as the ones I've seen. I've noticed there's a lot of layering (if that's what you call it) involved. I think I just need some pointers on how to get started/ideas/any help that anyone can give. I'm hoping I can take a lot of pictures of my summer and things happening around town to put in the scrapbook...it's something that I want to give to DB after AIT, so he feels like he hasn't missed anything whie he was away. I know he's very homesick and he'd love somethng like this. Ha, I think he loves any silly craft thing I do. Anyways, like I said, any help that anyone can give me on getting started would be great! Thanks so much. xoxo
    TTFN. Ta-ta for now MSOS.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Something that really helped me start was buying a scrapbooking magazine and getting ideas from there.

Good luck!!!!!
  3. ~rain~
    ditto on the scrap magazines for inspiration
  4. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

You can also google "scrapbook layouts". I've found many an idea that I've "scraplifted" and made my own.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  5. msdarbonne
    I was thinking of taking scrapbooking classes for the same problem. I have been scrapbooking for about a year, but I want my pages to zing a little more. Good luck sweetie!!