Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Crochet?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Question Crochet?

Advertisements
    as god as my witness i will learn to crochet!! i think i have gotten the first step (the one where u make the first line thing, i dont know what its called.)
    but i am lost after that! i have bought a book, lookled it up online and am watching every online video about it. anyone out there have any tips?
  2. msdarbonne
    No. My grandmother used to crochet before her eyesight went bad. She taught me the one line. We would make little necklaces and things. But thats all I know, and I don't even know if I can do it anymore. I think I will have to take it up though.
  3. everlong11
    after the first line, make three pieces (it will go past your edge) and loop those three new pieces back the other way into the first hole to start a new row. dont really know how to explain it... that's how i do it though!
  4. Cherrish
    My mom can crochet...I can only knit, but I'm trying to get her to teach me how to crochet.
  5. Armylove
    this sounds confusing.
  6. Senior Member
    The first part is called the chain. It's best to follow a pattern. It will tell you to chain so many, then begin a particular stitch 2 or 3 chain spaces from the needle. It will tell you how many stitches to make etc. For a basic stitch you would do a single crochet or double crochet. There are books that show you how to do the stitches.
  7. cookie
    I taught myself using books. I just practiced a lot. You can always check your local craft stores and see if they hold crochet classes.
  8. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    what Nikki said. Crochet for dummies is a really really really good book. it has the best illustrations and real step by step instructions. I have been crocheting for about 20 years... (since I was about 11) and realized after reading the book that I had been doing a certain stitch wrong all that time. I recommend picking up that book for sure. also work on one stitch until you have it down pat. then start on your next stitch. When you are doing practice swatches keep you initial chain short. Get really good at single and double crochet they will be the most used stitches you will use. Also try and find someone who has been crocheting for a while and can show you what you are doing right or wrong. it gets easier trust me!!

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.