Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scrapbook HELP!

1. Del
    solve problems with a little time and lots of vodka

Help Scrapbook HELP!

Advertisements
    Okay, so I've decided to make a real (not online) scrapbook for this year, since it was my first in college, DB's first in the Navy, and our first mostly apart.

Seemed like that's enough stuff to warrant recording, yeah?

Only thing is... my creativity is kinda weak at the moment, and I've never actually done a scrapbook before! The person who I would usually ask, I'm not speaking to at the moment, and so I come to you girls.

Any help, suggestions, tips for a Scrapbook Newbie that needs help being scrap-book-ly creative ?!

I want this to be something really cool to look back on for years. I already bought a scrapbook itself, so now all that's left is the actual scrapbooking.

TIA!
  2. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    What I always do is take my pictures, or items, that I want to use into the scrapbook store and just start walking around. I usually come across a bunch of different ideas that way! And the people in the store are always up for sharing creative ideas!

3. Del
    Ooh, that sounds like a fun idea! Thanks.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen113007 View Post
    What I always do is take my pictures, or items, that I want to use into the scrapbook store and just start walking around. I usually come across a bunch of different ideas that way! And the people in the store are always up for sharing creative ideas!
    Thats a good idea! I'm always struggling on ideas!

Earn extra cash here or here or here!
  5. Banned
    Banned
    scrapbook.com has a fabulous gallery. I love looking at the things others have done to get inspired for my own pages....there are some really great ideas on there that can be taken and "tweaked" into your own style.
  6. msdarbonne
    I wanted to let you know they have scrapbooks for the different military branches. They have the seal on the front. I got an Army one for DH at Hobby Lobby, but I've seen them at other scrapbooking stores. They also have packettes for each branch with pages and stickers and such.
  7. Del
    Ooh, they do!? That's exciting! Are they just on base, like at the PX? (I really need to get out base soon anyway).
  8. msdarbonne
    No, I've only found them off base. You would either have to go to an arts and crafts store that has a pretty big scrapbook section, or just a scrapbooking store. The scrapbooking store I found here has them, probably because its a military town. But the packettes have hepled me out with ideas too. I think the book itself was like $30, but its leather and has the seal on the front in metal, like a medallion. Its gorgeous. I'll look online and see if I can find some, if not, I'll take a pic of mine and send it to you.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    yeah I have a navy one...I got it at Michael's with one of their 40% off coupons.
  10. msdarbonne
    Here's one website I found that had the best pictures of them.

http://www.servicetoyourcountry.com/
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast