Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Making Clothes, etc.

1. Banned
    Banned

Making Clothes, etc.

Advertisements
    I'm trying to decide whether I should purchase a sewing machine and start making dresses and stuff since I can never seem to find clothes I like, AND because I HATE spending hundreds of $$ on clothes. I also want to make homemade teddy bears, bunnies, etc like my Granny and Mom used to make. I used to help them when I was little and I want to start it up again.

Any tips?? I need to get a sewing machine and stuff... I don't even know where to begin it's been so long!!

I also think it would be so sweet if I made the dress I wear to DB's homecoming... I dunno, I just think he'd love that.
  2. christymichelle
    I know Shaky is still kinda new with her sewing maching and I think she has learned alot about it I just remeber her thread about getting her machine and how stoked she was. I think she even took classes or something
  3. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Yep I took a sewing 101 class lol and I made a skirt that I have even wore
    I have a Singer with 70 stitches and different functions. I bought it from the NEX for about $120. I love having my machine. Not having enough free time hasn't really been helpful when it comes to practice and learn how to do something. I would buy one if you can. I know Singers are good, that's why I bought that one. Take a class if you can also, that's going to break the ice when you buy it and don't have idea where to start lol
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Thanks!! I will probably be getting one this week or next. I can't wait! =)
  5. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    I have a singer and I loooove it. I've made a crapload of clothes and quilts, plus I buy a TON of clothes and later them myself to fit how I want them.
  6. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    I love my sewing machine too. I made DD's halloween costume year before last. It was a lot of fun. I'd sew more if I had more time.
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~