Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Memory Albums

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Memory Albums

Advertisements
    Anyone into scrapbooking or making photo albums?

I have tons of photos that I'd like to print out and put in a book. Preferably more scrapbooking for some of the really good photos, and putting the rest into a traditional photo album. I went to Target and Hallmark to find things but neither carries much, let alone in my taste, so I'm off to amazon.
  2. Senior Member
    I made a few scrapbooks a while back. But a few years ago I got into digital scrapbooking where a company like Shutterfly prints the book out for you.

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I made a few scrapbooks a while back. But a few years ago I got into digital scrapbooking where a company like Shutterfly prints the book out for you.
    Details?
  4. Senior Member
    The ones I made, I printed the pictures and glued them to blank pages and I drew stuff around them and wrote details about the picture. Have you seen My Sister's Keeper? Mine looked like that-- like a photo journal. I didn't use stickers or papers and stuff like that.

With Shutterfly they have all the scrapbookung stuff that craft stores do. But it's all online so it's more cost effective since you can play around a lot with a page without committing to a look until you purchase it at the end. You can customize each page or you can pick a theme and let it fill in the pictures for you. Google Shutterfly and they'll have a lot of samples to look through. (I'd link for you but I'm on my phone)

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    The ones I made, I printed the pictures and glued them to blank pages and I drew stuff around them and wrote details about the picture. Have you seen My Sister's Keeper? Mine looked like that-- like a photo journal. I didn't use stickers or papers and stuff like that.

With Shutterfly they have all the scrapbookung stuff that craft stores do. But it's all online so it's more cost effective since you can play around a lot with a page without committing to a look until you purchase it at the end. You can customize each page or you can pick a theme and let it fill in the pictures for you. Google Shutterfly and they'll have a lot of samples to look through. (I'd link for you but I'm on my phone)
    I glanced at the Shutterfly stuff and it looks like they create an actual book, not just pages? Only issue with that is that I want to be able to add things in. Like, have one album for travel and continuously add to it as I travel more places until it's full.
  6. Senior Member
    Have you looked at craft stores? Michael's or AC Moore would have scrapbooking materials.
  7. Senior Member
    Yeah Shutterfly doesn't do individual pages

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCupcake View Post
    Have you looked at craft stores? Michael's or AC Moore would have scrapbooking materials.
    Neither of those stores are in Hawaii unfortunately
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EverlastingLove View Post
    Neither of those stores are in Hawaii unfortunately
    You could always order online! I love Michael's for photo and scrapbook albums. I see some occasionally at Target, but there isn't a very large selection. Most craft stores should carry some. I've also seen some really cute ones at Ross, but that's always hit or miss. I really love scrapbooking, but I gave away all my supplies before we moved and haven't replaced any of it. I'd also look around at Craigslist or local sale pages, there are usually people clearing out their collection and you can get a lot of stuff for pretty cheap!
  10. Regular Member
    If you don't mind paying for shipping I get my stuff at scrapbook.com They have a huge selection and have ideas as well for pages.