Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Making Soap?

1. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket

Making Soap?

Advertisements
    Has anyone here made their own bars of soap before? I'm thinking of getting into it. I spend too much money on handmade organic soaps lately and I should just learn how to do it myself. I have no idea how difficult it might be though.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  2. Talk Whovian To Me.
    Talk Whovian To Me.

This is one of my favorite blogs to follow I haven't made soap, but my aunt has and it has saved her so much money! How To Make Soap - Homemade Natural Bar Soap Instructions
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

there is some really awesome soap making channels on youtube. I like to watch them make soap.
    Someday, I might actually do it. But, most involve lye and I am afraid to have that in my house with the kids
  4. Senior Member
    Weird. I was just looking into this yesterday. I wanted to make cold process castille soap.
  5. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Thanks guys! DH and I are moving next month and then I'll be ready to start being crafty
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcia View Post
    This is one of my favorite blogs to follow I haven't made soap, but my aunt has and it has saved her so much money! How To Make Soap - Homemade Natural Bar Soap Instructions
    This is a great site, thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chikatoka View Post
    there is some really awesome soap making channels on youtube. I like to watch them make soap.
    Someday, I might actually do it. But, most involve lye and I am afraid to have that in my house with the kids
    You could try the heat-and-pour glycerin soap! Apparently that's really fun to do with kids as you can put little toys or glitter or something in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deifick View Post
    Weird. I was just looking into this yesterday. I wanted to make cold process castille soap.
    From my completely-brand-new point of view, it seems like castille is the easiest to start with for cold process soaps. I think I'm going to make some with mint and tea tree.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I keep thinking of the soap making from "fight club"
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I make glycerine soap I don't do anything with lye as it's out of DH's comfort zone.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    I keep thinking of the soap making from "fight club"
    Me too.

I had a soap making kit as a kid with the glycerin kind, but that soap super sucks to actually use. It was fun to make, though!
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    A friend of mine makes soap and gives it to us for our special days at work. They are really nice. She made Minions, Doctor Who stuff for me, Happy Birthday cakes...it is really neat.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hi, I don't think it's difficult, you just need to order the ingredients, my sis is making soaps, she is really into it. I think you can probably make some extra income out of this hobby