Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Sewing!!

1. aBr
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Sewing!!

Advertisements
    Curious about if anyone else here sews! About 6 months ago I got back into the habit. (Which I'd deserted for such a long time that DG saw my sewing machine on FaceTime and thought i'd run out and bought one that day LOL)

Aaanywho, I'm currently working with fusible fleece and for some reason I literally CAN NOT get it to fuse with my craft iron. How hot does my iron need to be?? Also, does anyone own an embroidery machine? I've been thinking about getting one, but I don't know where to start. I'd like a small, inexpensive one. I need advice from someone who isn't also trying to sell me things. (Today I went in to look at personal embroidery machines and the salesman tried to sell me on a 6-spool commercial machine ($6,000) and a $900 commercial sewing machine that only sews straight lines. No zig-zags. No cross-stitching. Straight lines.)
  2. Senior Member
    I wish I was crafty! I really try but I fail miserbly every time!
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  3. Regular Member
    I am maybe the least crafty person on the whole planet but I enjoy sewing! I don't have a machine and I can't sew things to "make something" but I find enjoyment in fixing things. Like my favorite jeans... I have sewn them back together a million times and it doesn't seem to bother me at all...except the fact that they're my favorite jeans. However, give crocheting a try. That is my all time favorite!
  4. aBr
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by CCO1117 View Post
    I am maybe the least crafty person on the whole planet but I enjoy sewing! I don't have a machine and I can't sew things to "make something" but I find enjoyment in fixing things. Like my favorite jeans... I have sewn them back together a million times and it doesn't seem to bother me at all...except the fact that they're my favorite jeans. However, give crocheting a try. That is my all time favorite!
    My grandma taught me to crochet when I was a kid! I think it's amazing and really should get back into it, especially since I'm obsessed with scarves. I've been thinking about trying out those knitting looms as well!
  5. aBr
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by irish85 View Post
    I wish I was crafty! I really try but I fail miserbly every time!
    There's a lot of different crafts you can learn, don't give up!
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usafgf92 View Post
    There's a lot of different crafts you can learn, don't give up!
    Hahah I really do try but it never comes out how I imagined it.

A few christmas' ago i did a word burning picture for db. It truly looked horrible! But he still has it!

Eta: i had a really bad burn on my finger from it and db kept asking me what happen, i was like "ohhh i just burned myself straightening my hair." Hed just look at me and be like "uh huh suree" he thought I was being sooo shady then when he saw the gift he cracked uppp! im just a spazz.
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  7. aBr
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by irish85 View Post
    Hahah I really do try but it never comes out how I imagined it.

A few christmas' ago i did a word burning picture for db. It truly looked horrible! But he still has it!

Eta: i had a really bad burn on my finger from it and db kept asking me what happen, i was like "ohhh i just burned myself straightening my hair." Hed just look at me and be like "uh huh suree" he thought I was being sooo shady then when he saw the gift he cracked uppp! im just a spazz.
    Oh well. At least you tried! Lol. At very least you have a fun "Pinterest fail" kind of story.