Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Any crocheters out there?

1. Regular Member

Any crocheters out there?

Advertisements
    I bought this really cute afghan pattern that requires a lot of yarn changing. Would you carry the other colors under the stitches or snip off the colors you aren't using even if you need it later down the row? It's probably going to be used and washed a lot since it's for a toddler, but would carrying the black into the lighter colors not look right?
  2. Proud mother of a baby boy...and wife of a soldier
    Proud mother of a baby boy...and wife of a soldier
    Blog Entries
    I just recently did a blanket with three different colors, and what I did was just change colors on one end, and kept it going continuously. The downside to that was that I ended up having to cut them once the blanket was done and tie them off, otherwise it looked weird since it didnt get weaved in. It ended up alright though. It was one I made for a baby, who hasn't been born, so hopefully there are no issues with it. I washed it after I finished and tied it off and there didn't seem to be any issues.

Here's how mine turned out:

Im so in love with you hunny. I know I have never felt this powerful of a love before, I have only thought it was possible for those rare lucky few. And now I think we have it. Or are we just now part of the lucky rare few? XOXO Love you hun. -DH 9/8/11
  3. Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    I usually just snip. Unless the pattern says to do stiches over the other color, I wouldn't do it. Mainly because that part of the blanket can become bulkier than the rest, which just feels funny. But that's just me.
    Women are not the weak, frail little flowers that they are advertised. There has never been anything invented yet, including war, that a man would enter into, that a woman wouldn't, too. --Will Rogers

Sometimes damaged goods are more valuable because of their unique qualities.

FOLLOW OPSEC PLEASE!!!!!
  4. Regular Member
    It requires yarn changing in the middle, though. Not in the end. It's the Mickey Mouse with the stars if you want to google what it looks like. The face would be the biggest challenge and I don't know how to go at it.
  5. Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Quote Originally Posted by akaSARAH View Post
    It requires yarn changing in the middle, though. Not in the end. It's the Mickey Mouse with the stars if you want to google what it looks like. The face would be the biggest challenge and I don't know how to go at it.
    Its a graphgan, right? I would hop on The Crochet Crowd's youtube. Mikey on there has a few videos and tutorials on doing graph patterns.
    Women are not the weak, frail little flowers that they are advertised. There has never been anything invented yet, including war, that a man would enter into, that a woman wouldn't, too. --Will Rogers

Sometimes damaged goods are more valuable because of their unique qualities.

FOLLOW OPSEC PLEASE!!!!!
  6. Regular Member
    Thank you, that video was really helpful! Can't wait to take this project ON! Lol

Your afghan looks really good, michaelsmom!