Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Anybody know how to make a scrapbook?

1. Regular Member

Shock Anybody know how to make a scrapbook?

Advertisements
    So I want to take all the letters that I sent and that he sent to me from his time in BCT and AIT and make a scrapbook out of them so that we can keep the letters safe I know they are going to be awesome to look back on in the future! The only thing is I don't know what materials I need to make a good scrap book! Also I could use some tips and advice so that I can make it special Basically I could use some help getting started
  2. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenKat19 View Post
    So I want to take all the letters that I sent and that he sent to me from his time in BCT and AIT and make a scrapbook out of them so that we can keep the letters safe I know they are going to be awesome to look back on in the future! The only thing is I don't know what materials I need to make a good scrap book! Also I could use some tips and advice so that I can make it special Basically I could use some help getting started
    Go check out Hobby Lobby or Michael's. They both have an entire scrapbook section including books, scrapbook paper, stickers and embellishments, etc. Employees at the stores should be able to help you out and they may even have scrapbook classes available to take.
    ~Becca~

3. Senior Member
    Agree with above post, my friend recently went to Michael's and found these plastic sheets where you could slip things inside pockets like pictures or other nic-naks that she had been saving. The sheets had different size/shape pockets so you could make it work depending on what you had. If you have letters you want to include, you could find plastic sleeves for letters even at Staples, though I'm sure Michael's has them as well.

I had a bunch of cards from DB that I wanted to save from all the birthdays/holidays and a few other nic-naks from our time together so far. I wanted to be able to read the front/inside/back of the cards and had a hard time find plastic sleeves that would fit cards so I opted to make my own "book". I hole punched two holes in the cards and then bought binder rings that are sold in a pack and used two rings to hold the cards together and essentially it looks like a book and I can flip thru the cards and read everything. I also used cardboard and decorated it with cool paper for the front and back so it is more sturdy.

Check out pinterest, tons of ideas on there, that's how I got the idea for mine.
  4. Senior Member
    You can also take high quality photos or scans of them and do a shutterfly or apple book.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. Senior Member
    Yes id say Michaels is your best bet
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."