Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May I join you wonderful crafty people?! :)

1. Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!

May I join you wonderful crafty people?! :)

Advertisements
    Im a returning member to the forms, so just trying to tiptoe in the water with things Im comfortable with.

I've been crocheting for a little over a year now. Mainly just for fun. I dont sell anything at least. I've made many of gifts, and Im not making blankets for donation for the Shriner's and the local VFW. I actually just recently finished a decorative afghan for an auction at the VFW. Took 2 months to make, but it came out pretty nice!

I've taken up knitting, but Im not very good at it (I can do basic knit and purl stitches, thats it!). And I starting tatting last night (yay insomnia!).

I've got more, random crafts that I do, but hooking is my big one. It keeps me sane!!

Blanket I made for the auction.
    Women are not the weak, frail little flowers that they are advertised. There has never been anything invented yet, including war, that a man would enter into, that a woman wouldn't, too. --Will Rogers

Sometimes damaged goods are more valuable because of their unique qualities.

FOLLOW OPSEC PLEASE!!!!!
  2. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Looks great!! I know the very basics of crocheting, would love to learn more any suggestions?
  3. Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaA View Post
    Looks great!! I know the very basics of crocheting, would love to learn more any suggestions?
    I just starting following The Crochet Crowd to learn. Mikey on there is awesome and shows everything step by step.
    Women are not the weak, frail little flowers that they are advertised. There has never been anything invented yet, including war, that a man would enter into, that a woman wouldn't, too. --Will Rogers

FOLLOW OPSEC PLEASE!!!!!
  4. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieGrl View Post
    I just starting following The Crochet Crowd to learn. Mikey on there is awesome and shows everything step by step.
    I thought i recognized that afghan!!! That was the mystery CAL wasn't it? It looks fantastic. I love the colors you chose. I didn't do it, too much else going on. Right now I'm working on a table runner for my mom for her Birthday and mother's day. It's turning out cool.

I am rediscovering crochet because i need to have a finished product for my home spun alpaca yarn at my craft shows. Unfortunately, I'm finding so many new patterns I want to try that I am buy yarn at Walmart too! lol
  5. Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye View Post
    I thought i recognized that afghan!!! That was the mystery CAL wasn't it? It looks fantastic. I love the colors you chose. I didn't do it, too much else going on. Right now I'm working on a table runner for my mom for her Birthday and mother's day. It's turning out cool.

I am rediscovering crochet because i need to have a finished product for my home spun alpaca yarn at my craft shows. Unfortunately, I'm finding so many new patterns I want to try that I am buy yarn at Walmart too! lol
    Omg you spin! I picked up some fiber at a yarn fest in DFW a few months ago, and I have no idea how to spin! I just liked the colors, so I bought it. Lol

And yes, it's the mystery CAL.

FOLLOW OPSEC PLEASE!!!!!
  6. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieGrl View Post
    Omg you spin! I picked up some fiber at a yarn fest in DFW a few months ago, and I have no idea how to spin! I just liked the colors, so I bought it. Lol

And yes, it's the mystery CAL.
    So cool! I learned to spin by buying a spindle from thewoolery.com They had a learn to spin kit. I love doing it. I got a wheel this time last year and can really knock it out now. Good to know there is a fellow "Addict" here. LOLOL
  7. Senior Member
    Whoa that looks awesome!! I keep trying to learn knitting and crocheting but I can't seem to keep my focus. I've only been able to knit and crochet short scarves. Lol.
  8. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

I'm gonna need you to knit me a thong and pasties, thanks.
  9. Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveLilToaster View Post
    I'm gonna need you to knit me a thong and pasties, thanks.

FOLLOW OPSEC PLEASE!!!!!
  10. Vex
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    Blog Entries

I keep crocheting on and off, but I can't seem to get past the basic single/double crochet. DB and I were in the craft store on Sunday to get some things for his training and I kept lingering at the yarn. I adore yarn, but I can't seem to stick with actually crocheting anything out of it!

Maybe I'd like knitting more?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast